Midoriya - Red String

Not a request (seriously I need some I haven't updated since last year). Not as short as the last one lmao.

329 words

***

"Are you okay, L/N?" Uraraka asked me.

"Uraraka? Uh, yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"You're face is completely red," she points out. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm sure." I fidgeted with the hem of my blazer. "It's just that my string has gotten shorter since I started coming here."

"Maybe your soulmate is in our class?"

"Wouldn't I have noticed? I can only see my string, not anyone else's."

"I mean, you're not exactly the most observant, L/N."

'What an airhead. She really doesn't know how insensitive that was.'

"I didn't mean it like that!" Uraraka panicked, only just realising her mistake. "I know! Why not just follow the string?"

"Fine, but you're coming with me."

I accepted my fate and we started following the string. We were lead to the dorm's common room.

"Kacchan, please stop this!" Midoriya screamed at Bakugo to stop-

"Why are you guys yelling so much?!" Uraraka tried to defuse the situation.

Bakugo stops trying to kill Midoriya and turns to us. "What did you say?!"

Avoiding eye contact, I looked at the string attached to my pinky finger. My eyes trailed the red line, leading to...

"L/N?"

'Seems like he noticed too.'

"Let's go somewhere private," he suggested. I nodded in agreement.

-time skip brought to you by pop rocks (if you get this you're my new best friend)-

"So we're soulmates..." I muttered. "I didn't expect you to like boys, Midoriya."

"Honestly, neither did I," he replies.

"We don't have to do anything about the soulmate stuff yet. I'd prefer it if we didn't start dating right now."

"So would I. It's not like I don't like you. I just don't wanna rush into things, you know? Plus, there's all the hero stuff we need to focus on."

"I'm glad we agree."

I wrap my arms around Midoriya and hold onto him tight. He does the same and we stay like that for the longest time.