CH 1

“Left! Left jab. HARDER!” I screamed at carter as he hit the punching bag. I watched as he hit the bag, getting weaker and weaker by the minute. “STOP.” I yelled suddenly. “Your weak.” I shrugged. His mouth gaped open. 

“But I just trained for two hours!” I chuckled darkly. 

“And I could train with more power and energy for five. Get some rest. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He huffed before grabbing his waterbottle and hitting the showers. He eventually left and I was about to turn off the lights to the main gym when a small voice stopped me. 

“Are you the boxing coach?” I turned around to see a short girl, around 5’6 with dark brown hair and a frail, weak body. Her nose was bruised and her eye looked as if it was bleeding. I turned and walked over to her, examining her face. 

“Yes I am. I’m Harry, how can I help you?” I asked the pretty girl. 

“I need you to teach me to fight.” I laughed at this. 

“You want me to teach you how to fight?” She nodded and I laughed again. 

Just the thought of this weak girl punching makes my insides jolt with hysteria. 

“Yes. I do. Now quit laughing and help me or don’t.” I looked straight forward at me.

“I wouldn’t be talking like that to someone who can beat you in seconds darling. You can’t stand up for yourself.” I spat. 

“I can take a beating, darling.” She mocked. 

“I can see that. I’m not training you.” She raised an eyebrow, that I noticed was also bleeding.

 “And why is that?” I shrugged. 

“Your mentally weak.” She shook her head. 

“And your wrong.” I laughed. 

“So what if I called you ugly?” She shrugged. 

“Whatever.” 

“Fat?” 

“Fine.” 

“Bossy?” 

“I’m not denying anything.” She countered. I huffed. 

“Look,” She began. “I’m psychotic. Your words do nothing to me. I’m just sick of physical pain. I hate waking up to black eyes, thats all. You don’t even have to teach me to fight, just to defend myself, okay?” She looked so small and scrawny and here she was begging me to teach her to hit. She was in yoga leggings, a large black sweater that was baggy but reached the tops of her anorexic looking thighs, and black doc martins. Her face would look better not bleeding... 

“Fine. I’ll teach you. On two conditions.” She raised her brows, crossing her small arms over her small chest. 

“Shoot.” 

“ 1, you get medication for psychosis. I don’t need a Psychopath in this building thank you very much. And 2, You let me clean up those ugly wounds of yours.” She nodded. 

“Deal.” I smiled and led her into my office, sitting her in my office chair and going in my bag, pulling out a medical kit. I took  out the rubbing alcohol and some bandaids and set them on the desk. 

“This is gonna sting.” 

“Not as much as it did when it happened.” I nodded. 

“Fair point” I dabbed a little cloth in the rubbing alcohol and dabbed it on the first cut I saw, the one on her lip. She didn’t wince at all. High pain threshold. The next one was her bleeding and bruised nose. I dabbed and wiped the blood from her nose carefully. “It might be broken.” 

“Then I’ll have an ugly nose.” I chuckled. 

“Okay then.” I continued to dab up the blood on her cheek and her eyebrow. Then stood up examining my work. She really was quite pretty. “Alright. Put a steak on that nose tonight.” 

“I don’t have steak.” I sighed. 

“Then buy one.” She shook her head. 

“I don’t have enough money.”

 “Then I’ll give you money.” She shook her head. 

“I don’t want your money.” I sighed. 

“Do you want to get better or not.” She shrugged. 

“Fine. What happened to you anyways.” She shook her head. 

“Don’t ask.” 

“Too late.” She glared at me. “Look if its the playground or school bullies, I don’t care enough to do anything, just tell me who your up against. And be here at 8 tomorrow night.” She sighed, playing with her fingers before standing up and walking to the door before turning around, deep brown hair cascading around her face, alluring green eyes piercing into mine as she leaned against the door frame. 

“A 45 year old man. The orphanage janitor.” And with that she turned around, strutting out of the gym to who knows where. The janitor at the orphanage. So she was an orphan. No wonder she looked underfed. Her bones were nearly sticking out. And the janitor? God thats fucked up.