Gold

The pleasant smell was circulating the unique shop from the various flavors of gourmet coffee and given the fact the polished bar is conveniently located near the left side of the marked door. The foremost attraction, for me, was the baked foods. They are tidily placed on the transparent glass cabinet, lining up and waiting humbly to be eagerly devoured. There were different types of homemade cakes like Blueberry Cheesecake, Loaves and Cookies. Up above near the ceiling of the bar, there were numerous kinds of packed coffee bean packed in an assortment of colored bags. The cultural setting of the bar graciously allows satisfied customers to look earnestly at everything they could overwhelmingly choose from. It was an open kitchen style bar. The tenders wore clean and ironed uniforms, smiling sheepishly and fluent in both fluent English and modern Norwegian. There were historic photographs placed around the wall of the shop, allowing coffee tasters to admire the photo-taking techniques, and memorizing the past. I genuinely enjoyed walking aimlessly into the mini art museum and look at the lovely pictures in this hushed environment. The faint lights on the nine foot ceiling were shimmering enough to shine hotly on the chestnut colored furniture. Sofa, overturned chairs and cutting tables were all sorrel. While it combines with the dark colored logo outside, I thought I represent a slacker in a forest in this countryside setting.

My cup of tea warmed my freezing hands, and I go to sit on the corner of the shop. There was a student lying on the table with his messy stack of books and papers constructing a wall of solitude, a group of family members whispering to each other. I consumed my coffee and savored the warmth of the mint and chocolate as I examined the area. The smooth steamed milk surfed in my mouth, tasting how dense and creamy it genuinely was, but savoring it. Sitting motionless on the sofa, I could hear the soft vocals of a woman singing above me as if it was meant to be. It was a clear guitar sound, performing a progressive nursery like rhyme my father use to play when he was establishing his band. People always like reading magazines, newspaper in the coffee shop, but I enjoy relaxing the isolation of a room that was closed off and enjoyed decent music.

I sank deeper into the sofa, tolerating the tender embrace grasp me as I sipped and let relaxation take over. I haven't felt this relaxed since my previous trip to New York and even then that was one of the harshest times of my life. My sleep patterns were all fucked up again and there wasn't enough medication or money that could aid me. The nightmares are re-occurring whenever I undergo the stress of work or when I conduct an unexpected visit from family. I sighed wistfully, telling myself that it's over and that it's best to move on from something so horrific. I continued drinking my tea till I felt the last drop and placed my cup on the table next to me. The stress of going back to the place made me irritated and of course I scolded myself over and over again for forgetting. I thought a cup of tea would represent my liquid courage to just suck it up, but I was feeling discouraged about the situation.

The worse case is it was stolen and possibly sold for extra cash or that maybe it was just smashed. Every thought only made me paranoid as I tried to come up with an excuse to tell my boss what happened to the equipment. Not a single one made sense and even if it did, I would however resign my demanding job and be merely replaced by some bimbo that had no idea how to produce a camera. I had my own equipment, but that was a risk I was unwilling to take, given that fact that I only liked using it for scenery purposes. The more I thought, I became frustrated and ill over the lengthy ordeal and decided that maybe going back home will obtain a more preferred option.

I gathered my bag and hastily got up, knocked someone over by accident and hearing a thundering crash. Lucky for me, I didn't fall, but now all shrewd eyes were keenly on me and this stranger I had bumped into. I rapidly dropped to the floor, picking up what had been dropped while profusely apologizing. The decorative plate was intact thankfully as a tender came by to properly clean the remaining mess.