Chapter 9

Luke and I were now cleaning up the mess that Luke had created as my phone rang. I had to think of something fast.

"Is there a washroom?" I asked Luke in a hurry.

"Uh yeah, down that hall." Luke said, not taking his eye from the rack.

I ran to the washroom as I quickly answered my phone.

"Dyer what do you want?" I sighed pressing a hand to my forehead.

"Awe, don't stress. I'm just calling to let you know that, Luke might have spilled most of his story, but have you ever wondered why he was on the run or who was after him?" with that, Dyer hung up.

I ran my fingers through my hair and splashed water on my face. "Crap." I sighed slamming my fists against the sink. Someone knocked on te door. "You okay in there Ella?" I heard Luke's voice from the other side of the door.

"Uh yeah, just uh.. stubbed my toe that's all!" I quickly replied gathering my phone and purse I had layed down. I left the washroom with a smile on my face to meet Luke.

"Hi." I said

"Hey." he replied.

I slipped away from Luke and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Luke I have to get going, my brother is actually waiting in the car." I said making my way to the door. Luke grabbed my waist causing me to giggle. "Luke stop!" I laughed.

I turned around and saw his blue eyes that made my knees week. "hi." I gulped once again.

"Hey." he giggled pressing his lips to mine. I quickly pulled away as Dyer came to mind.

"Luke I have to go, I'll call you later I promise." I said leaving the store.

When I left the shop I looked out to see that Jakes car wasn't there. "Jake?" I yelled as panic filled my body. "JAKE!" I yelled running around the parking lot. Jaker car was no where to be seen. Jakes car then pulled into the parking lot as he rolled down the window.

"Chill El, I was just grabbing you a frappicino, extra whip cream just how you like it!" Jake smiled handing me my drink.

"Jake you nearly gave me a heart attack!" I said wrapping my arms around my brother.

"Um okay?" he said surprised.

I had to ask Luke about this it's just I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. it's like when you vomit. You keep feeling it coming but it doesn't come out, but then at one point it's bound to happen. it's probably not the best example but it's exactly what it felt like.

Mine and Jake's car ride went really slow. I just enjoyed his company in general. I would take a sip of my drink and just listen to the bands he decided to play. I had to give Jake credit for his music taste, our family had a blessing for that.

As we pulled into our driveway I spotted our mother standing in the door way with her arms crossed. I looked at Jake who was just as confused as I was.

"What the?" We spoke in unison.

My mom was wearing a tight black skirt with a blouse that had the first four buttons unbuttoned. We exited the car and made our way to my mother.

"Mom?" Jake said as we approached her.

"I'm going out tonight. Ella Parker, I don't see any milk in the fridge." she snapped not making eye contact with me.

"Sorry I just had to go out with Jake and-" I stopped as I realized my mother wasn't paying attention for the fact she pushed back from me and got into her car, leaving me and Jake alone on te doorstep.

"What was that about?" Jake asked letting it go.

"I don't know.." I sighed following Jake into the house.

Me and Jake sat on the opposite sides of the couch while Jake flicked through the channels. After a few minutes of awkward silence I spoke.

"So what do you wanna do?" I smiled taking Jake by surprise.

Jake straightened and looked at me with his eyebrows raised. "Oh I don't know what do you wanna do?" Jake scratches the back of his next.

"I don't know, that's why I asked you." I giggled rolling my eyes.

We thought about it for a few moments then Jake came to conclusion.

"I'm kinda seeing someone.." Jake blushed.

"What's he- his name?" I asked. I was so used to talking about girls with Jake as children. This was new and I wasn't used to it yet.

"Julian." He smiled. "Well we've been going out for a while now but I couldn't come to tell you." He said playing with his hair. "Mom and dad don't know." He said looking down.

"Jake you can tell me anything, why don't you invite him over?" I suggested.

"I don't El, mom and all-"

"Mom's not home." I smirked.

Jake smirked back as he pulled out his cell.

"Hey Jule!" he piped up.

"I'm great babe!"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out and meet my sister?" Jake asked as I gave him a thumbs up.

"Great see you then!" he sighed in relief hanging up.

I was so happy for Jake. He's never had many friends and no parents. Not even a sister for the most part of his life. But now he has Julian.

"This is great, thanks El." Jake said pulling me into a hug.

"Ah! I have to fix my hair!" Jake screeched jumping up and running to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes as my attention was drawn back to the television.

A few moments later my phone beeped.

Luke: I'll be there at 9, put something "nice" on and meet me outside.

Me: I can't.

Luke: it wasn't a question Ella Rivers.

this is a terrible ending I'm sorry it's late and I can barely keep my eyes open. I'll update as soon as possible! thanks for reading please vote!