Chapter 5

A/N: Okin the last chapter,  I said Ashton dropped off his siblings at their elementary schoolthats because in my storyLauren is 9 years old,  and Harry is 6, so they go to elementary school. I know that's not actually true but this is fiction. Just explainingOn with the chapter...

Chapter 5

Ashton's POV

  I threw my keys on the counter and called to my mom that I'm home. she didn't answer so I went looking for her.

"Mom? " I peeked into her room and found her styling her hair.

"Yes honey? " She glanced over at me smiling.

"You really wanna make a good impression don't you? " I smirked at her as she started picking out a nice outfit.

"Don't sass me mister.  First impressions mean everything. Now go check up on your brother then get ready.  Look smart! "

"Whatever you say mom. " I rolled my eyes,  making my way to Henry's room.  I passed Lauren's room on the way and found her twirling in front of her mirror, wearing a dress.

"You too huh? " I mumbled.  Lauren spotted me leaning on the doorway and blushed a bit.

"I know. I look stupid. " she looked down. 

"No, you look beautiful.  Where did you get that dress though? " I was curious,  I never saw her wear it before.

"It...  it was a birthday present from dad... " she replied,  her expression sad.

"Oh. " was all I could manage to say. I proceeded to go to Henry's room.  He had clothes scattered all over his bed,  his hair messy, his feet bare.

"Need help? " I asked. He nodded gratefully.

I picked out a nice white striped shirt and dark jeans.  He got changed and tucked in his shirt,  then I helped him put on his shoes and tied the laces.  He brushed his hair back, making it much less messy. "There.  Smart as ever. "

"Thanks Ashton! " Henry called as I walked off to get myself ready. I glanced at my digital alarm clock,  already 5:45. We were supposed to be over at Skyler's house at 7:00.

  I picked out my clothes,  black skinny jeans, a plain white T-shirt with an unbuttoned plaid button-down shirt,  and black vans. I also added a dark blue beanie to hide my messy hair, matching the plaid shirt. It was a new look I was trying out.

To pass time,  I played a quick board game with Lauren and Henry, and soon it was time to leave.

Skylar's POV

   I finished drying and straightening my hair,  holding it back with barrettes.  Then I slipped on my outfit. I wore light blue high waisted skinny jeans,  a purple top with a patterned crop top over it, and purple vans.  As my mom said,  first impressions mean everything. I added some light pink lip stick and some eye liner.  Ready,  and with 20 minutes to spare.

I decided to peek in on my mom. I found her wearing a nice outfit consisting of a black shirt with ruffles,  white pants, and black heels.  Dad was on one of his business trips for the next few weeks,  so he wouldn't be at the dinner. "You look great hon "

"Thanks mom, you too. "

"So,  you said that boy goes to your school? " She asked,  smirking.

"Yes he does,  and I know what you're thinking..  we're just friends! "

"Mhm " Her smirk widened.

"MOM! "

"Okay okay, I'm done. " She started walking off to the kitchen to check on dinner, and seconds later the doorbell rang. I ran down the stairs and took a deep breath.

I walked calmly to the front door and opened it slowly,  revealing our neighbors.

"Hi. " I said awkwardly.  " I'm Skylar. " I smiled a bit to be friendly.

In front of me were four people,a woman who I'm guessing is Ashton's mother,  Ashton,  and two kids,  a boy and a girl.

"Oh! " I said, suddenly realizing we were all just staring at each other.  "Come in! " I held the door open wider,  blushing red,  as they all walked in.

"Hey Skye, " Ashton said softly.  I smiled.

My mom walked out of the kitchen,  greeting them warmly,  saving me from more humiliation.  "Hello,  I'm Deanna Martin,  but you can call me Dae." she held out her hand to the woman.

"Anne Marie Irwin,  call me Anne. " Anne Marie smiled, her smile so like her son 's. " This is my son Henry, " She gestured to the little boy clinging to her.  "My daughter Lauren, " the little girl smiled shyly, playing with the hem of her dress.  " and my other son Ashton. "Ashton grinned at me,  his dimples popping.  I grinned back,  happy that not all our guests were total strangers to me.

"This is my daughter Skylar. it's very nice to meet you. " My mom said.  "Dinner will be ready in about a half hour,  while the grown ups chat and you kids go play. "

"Uh,  mom, " I pointed to me and Ashton.  " Teenagers? " Ashton laughed.

Mom gave me a look.  " Go show Lauren and Henry your old games room,  and you and Ashton...  go chat or something. "

"Alright.  would you like to go play some games? " I asked,  holding my hand out for Henry to take.  I started leading the kids up the stairs,  Ashton following.

"Have fun! " Called Ashton's mom.  "But not too much fun,  you two. "

"MOM! " Ashton exclaimed.  I blushed bright red,  and even Ashton's cheeks were tinged with pink.

I lead them to my old games room,  which was where I spent most of my time as a kid.  Lauren raced towards my old dolls,  while Henry went straight to my building blocks.  Ashton and I started a conversation about school,  while playing  with Henry and Lauren.

**************************

And that was part one of the Irwin's dinner at the Martin's housePart two would be out shortly (I hope).

Updates might be even slowercos I'll be starting school in a few days,  and starting at a new school is always really hardbut I'll try my best.

Thanks to all the readers who really support this story,  I love u all so so much!!

I know this was kind of a filler chapter..  but I felt bad cos I don't write a lotnext one will be better.  I PROMISE.

Vote/comment/follow/ do whatever the hell u want :)

Love,

ME ❤❤❤