Chapter 15

Skylar's POV

It's been almost two months since my makeover. I'd gone on my first date with Wes, which was a success, and he had asked me to be his girlfriend. I accepted of course.

It's also almost Christmas! I love Christmas, and especially white ones. I was hoping this year would be a white Christmas, but that was pretty unlikely.

"I'll text you later, Skylar." Laine said. She had quickly become one of my best friends, and helped me whenever Maura shot me a glare or sent a cruel insult my way, much to her displeasure (Maura's, not Laine's...).

It was the last day of school before winter break. Laine, Ivy and I were saying our goodbyes as we left the courtyard, each for her own ride home.

Someone jumped at me from behind, twirling me around before pecking my lips quickly.

"Hey babe." Wes grinned. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hi Wes. Merry Christmas!" I put an arm around his waist as we walked.

"Merry Christmas. Hey, you sure you don't wanna join me and my family on the cruise?" Wes asked again.

"I'm sure. Only you would want to visit the Carribeans on Christmas." I laughed.

"Well it's not like it's gonna snow or something this year, not with this draught we've been having. " I agreed sadly. "I'll catch you later though, alright?"He promised. I nodded and we parted ways.

"Mom, Dad I'm home!" I called, setting down my bag on the counter.

Mom came into the kitchen, two dresses on hangars in her hands.

"What do you think I should wear to the dinner party tonight?" She asked. "Blue? Or Green?"

"Definitely blue. It brings out your eyes." Mom smiled.

"What are you going to wear? You need to look sophisticated."

"I'm gonna wear the red dress. I'll bring a jacket too, it's gonna be cold." I answered.

"Hey, why don't you invite Ashton, to give you company? It's been a while since he's last been here..."

My smile fell. Truth was, I hadn't really talked to Ashton since me and Wes started dating. Showing up at his house after all that time would be really awkward. I had to talk to him though. I should apologize for being such a bad friend.

Sometimes I feel bad for sitting with Wes and his friends at lunch, instead of with Ashton and the group. Sara and Jo had started giving me looks whenever I caught their eye that made me feel really guilty.

I was such a bad friend.

"Um... I don't really know. It's not really his kind of scene." I gave an excuse, although I knew Mom would insist

"Oh come on, it'll be fun. Invite Anne and the kids too. There's a kids party too you know." Mom insisted. I finally agreed.

"Hey, Ashton." I greeted when he opened the door.

"Erm, hey Skye. How are you?" Skye. It felt so good hearing the nickname rolling off his tongue again.

"I'm good. You?" Ashton nodded, holding up a thumbs up.

Alright Skylar. It's only gonna be awkward if you make it awkward. So just...don't.

"So, my Dad's business throws a Christmas party every year, and I'm always forced to go. My mom and I were wondering if you and Anne and Lauren and Harry would like to join us this year? It would be fun to have some company, there aren't many teens our age there. There's a separate party for kids Lauren and Harry's age though." I asked.