Chapter 18

I just got almost 100 new reads overnight :0 thank you guys so much!
****************
Skylar's POV

Something poked my cheek before coming to rest next to me on my pillow. It made a crackling noise when I touched it, my eyes still only half open.

I sat up, unfolding the paper airplane blearily.

Look out of your window. There's a surprise for you outside ;)
Don't ask questions.

XOXOXOXOXOXO -Ash

Ps. You're cute when you're sleeping

I rolled my eyes at the childish 'XO's at the end, but stomped over to my window nonetheless. As you can probably tell, I didn't like being woken up at... 4:53 am! On a Saturday!

Ashton better have a good reason for waking me.

I looked out of my window, and the first thing I spotted was the half dozen paper airplanes tangled in the bushes between mine and Ashton's window. That slightly helped my mood.

The second thing I noticed was Ashton. He was standing outside the gate to my frontyard, his hands behind his back, an innocent, but completely guilty grin on his face.

"Meet me here in two minutes!" He called as he spotted me. "No need to get dressed, but you might wanna grab a jacket!" And with that, he turned around and sat on the sidewalk, probably not wanting to encounter Skylar the Grump.

I rolled my eyes at him before slipping my feet into some comfortable sneakers and grabbing a big jacket to cover my tanktop and sleep sweats. I re-did my ponytail and grabbed my glasses (the old black ones). I guess I'm ready.

I met Ashton at the sidewalk and he nodded at me in acknowledgement before setting off walking at a fast pace. I jogged to catch up to him.

"Where are we-"

"You're wearing my jacket." Ashton smiled. I looked down at the jacket and noticed it actually was his. I think he left it at my house one time.

"Um, yeah. Sorry, I didn't really pay attention." I said sheepishly.

"It's alright. I like it better on you anyway." I blushed. "And as for where we're going, you're gonna have to just wait and see. Now hurry up before we miss it." Ashton took my hand, I felt the now familiar tingles, and picked up his pace even more.
Miss what? I thought. But I trusted Ashton, and so I kept my mouth shut.

We reached the beach we went to with the group and Mateo a while ago, and curved around the back until we reached The Dock. We stopped.The Dock was just this hunk of wood carved in in places so that people could sit on it and admire the view. It was very old and the wood was peeling, but it was the greatest place to enjoy the waves and the view of the ships and surfboards and jetskis.

Ashton sat down in his own sleep sweats, and patted the space next to him, just like on the cliff.

"Watch." He said suddenly, after a few moments of silence. I gasped.

Sunrise was even more beautiful and magical than a sunset. It signaled the beginning of a new day, and the end of one somewhere else. The sun shone its rays over the slight waves in the ocean, making the water glint blue, and the sand at our feet glint a silvery-white. Amazing.

"I took you to see a sunset. I figured it was appropriate to watch a sunrise as well." Ashton smiled.

"It's beautiful." I breathed.

"Think of it as an early date, before our date." I smiled at him.

Tonight was me and Ashton's first date. He had asked me last week, two weeks after I dumped Wes. It was the first time I'd seen Ashton that nervous. He looked adorable when he was fidgeting.