Cages

Chapter 6

It was a long drive to Whitetail Mountains, Gabriela dumped the car she was in and walked behind the trees that were near the Veterans Centre. She took a long around without being seen, to see if Jacob was around but he wasn't. She sat down behind one of the trees, keeping an eye on the road to see if he arrives.

She knows deep down that he was not happy with her at this stage and he'd be furiously searching around looking for her. The truth was she didn't really want to go back to Holland Valley, where all her friends in Falls End would be waiting for her to arrive so that they gave her a new mission to bring John Seed down. Gabriela no longer had any intentions of fighting the cult, she didn't have the passion and heart for it anymore and she just wanted to live a normal life in Hope County. Even if that meant being around Jacob Seed, where she felt like she actually belonged than so be it.

She waited for a good two hours for Jacob to show up and when he finally did arrive to the Veterans Centre, she felt more scared and started to prepare for what he had in store for her after running away like that. Gabi stood up and quietly made her way through the trees to get closer to him. As he was about to drive through the gates of the Centre, Gabi threw a stick at the window to get his attention and it had worked.

Turning his head towards the woods, Jacob saw Gabriela hiding behind a tree and he slammed on the breaks. He jumped out of the truck, staring at her intensely as he approached her. Not saying a word he grabbed her by the arm tightly and dragged her into courtyard of the Centre until they got to where the cages were located. He opened one of the cages and threw her onto the ground, causing her to scrape or knees and hands.

Gabi looked up at him with pain, hoping he'd at least give her a chance to explain but without saying anything, Jacob turned his back and stormed off inside. Looking around at the other cages, they were all full of innocent people who had recognised who she was. She slowly moved back until her back hit the wall of the cage, lifting her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

Gabriela was afraid of what was to come, being put in a cage was not the type of punishment she thought Jacob would give her. She waited for him to come back but he didn't show up for hours.

~

The sky was dark and the moon was out, it was the evening and Gabriela continued to wait for Jacob to come back outside. Her hands and knees were burning and the blood was starting to dry up.

Finally Jacob walked out of the Centre and approached her cage, thinking he was going to let her out but instead he just stood on the other side and looked at her. "Jacob, I'm sorry I really am" she apologised but Jacob wasn't having anything of it. "This is your home now little lamb, you're going to stay in here like all these other people. I made a mistake with you and I'm not going to make it again" he gave her another intense look.

He called one of his men over and gave him a few orders, "do not feed her and do not do anything she asks for. She will stay in this cage and rot like everyone else, this is what she asked for and it's exactly what she's going to get". He looked at her once again, her eyes were filled with tears, she was shaking from fear and all she wanted was to explain herself.

Jacob somehow felt slightly bad seeing her in that state but he wasn't going to turn soft on her and especially not in front of so many people. "See you in the morning Deputy" he said, turning around and leaving. She screamed and cried out to him, begging him to listen to her but all he did was stop in his spot and looked down at the ground with his back still facing her. The Peggie told her to be quiet but she was determined to get the words out of her mouth, until the Peggie hit her with the butt of his gun.

She fell back and Jacob heard her scream from pain not only from the hit to the head but landing on her scrapped knee caused it to hurt twice as worse and bleed again. She crawled to the back of the cage and hysterically cried into her hands making Jacob turn to look at her state. She no longer looked like the chaotic Deputy who caused a lot of mess to the cult, instead she looked like a broken little lamb who was looking for protection and safety.

He walked back to her cage and looked down at her, "you asked for this Deputy. You'll behave and not cause any problems to my men. I'll see you in the morning" he said looking at her as she raised her head. "Can you take me too?" She asked with tears flowing out like a waterfall inside her eyes. "No. You belong here" he glanced at his man and nodded to him, "goodbye Deputy". "Fuck you" she said as she turned her back to him and stared at the wall. Jacob turned around and left the Veterans Centre slightly feeling bad for her but also he wasn't to keen on letting her get away with running away from him.