[ Chapter Four ]

First and foremost, I'd love to say a huge thank you to everyone currently reading this. I'm mind blown by the positivity you all bring, along with the infinite love and support I've received in the last couple of days, and so, here's another chapter ;)

On a real note though; I honestly am so thankful. I love you all.

xo

• • •

"Cool." I nonchalantly responded, already uninterested with where this conversation was heading.

He looked down at me, grinning widely at my fast and aggravated retort.

And that's when his eyes suddenly scanned my forehead, no doubt drinking in the noticeable scar that resided there.

I quietly braced myself, awaiting for any sort comment regarding it, perhaps even an insult.

Internally, I always knew moving to a new place would attract this sort of attention to it, but I never knew it would be this much.

Not that I would cry if anyone said anything hurtful, because quite honestly, I couldn't care less.

His eyes flickered back to mine before he then did the one thing I least expected, he actually sat down beside me. I rolled my eyes, my previous plan of pushing him away failing immaculately.

"So what's your name?" He asked, sounding genuinely curious, running a hand through his floppy locks.

I stared at him with an irritated expression.

"Dora." I deadpanned, reaching for my earphones in an attempt to blatantly ignore him.

"Wait, wait!" He interjected, his hand lowering mine. I faintly flinched at his sudden touch, unaware of it.

"How about this, I'll leave you alone if you tell me you're the name." His voice was similar to a guilty pleasure, soft and yet so very annoying.

"Whoever said Dora wasn't my actual name?" I asked, resting my head in my palms while quirking a brow. He cocked his head to one side with a look of 'you can't be serious' written all over his features.

"I'm not an idiot you know." He responded, scrunching his nose.

"Could've fooled me," I muttered under my breath, watching as a goofy grin replaced any trace of confusion he previously wore.

"You're funny." He queried, studying me silently. His smile was now somewhat gone but still present.

"Oh joy." My sarcasm had been rather apparent today, or perhaps I was only now noticing that sarcasm had quite literally become a second language to me.

Suddenly his phone went off, causing him to lightly jump and completely lose his chain of thought.

I watched as he stared at his phone with a slight frown, his perfectly plucked eyebrows drawn together. As if sensing my stare, his eyes met mine before a full-blown smile broke out onto his face.

Does this guy ever get bored of smiling?

"Seems like I have somewhere to be. Until next time, mystery girl." He sent me a wink before fleeing.

I let out a dry laugh, as if.

"There you are!" Christian suddenly plummeted out a thin air, a genuine smile planted on his lips as I loudly groaned in exasperation.

"Can't I just catch a break?!"

• • •

"Eye spy, with my little eye, something beginning w-"