[ Chapter Eleven ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN CONTAIN A GRAPHIC SCENE THAT INVOLVES BLOOD × A VILE AND GRUSOME ACT, DON'T CONTINUE READING IF YOU'RE EASILY TRIGGERED BY THAT FORM OF WRITING.

• • •

"I look stupid." I whined, a flat expression on my face. Christian looked me up and down, wolf whistling as he did.

"Stupid hot!" He winked, immediately flinching away when he sensed that I was about to remove one of my high heels and wack him.

My brunette hair had been curled, complimented by a stunning silky and scarlet red dress, diamonds decorating the collarbone. It hugged me nicely and was paired with silver high heels. A lady had also touched up my face, going full glam. Without lying, I did look utterly stunning.

For the mission, father had solemnly instructed Christian and I to dress 'professional', which meant that I was begrudgingly forced into a dress–which was a struggle to move in–while Christian was able to slip into a suit.

"Do you both have your guns? Knives?" My father approached us after a serious call. I lifted my ankle length dress, revealing a collection of knives neatly tucked into a hidden brace, while also pulling my gun out of my bra with a smug look.

All this equipment wasn't typically what you would pack, however father demanded that we be overpacked rather than underpacked. Which was understandable for our first mission together.

"I'm going to drop you off a few streets away from his current location. Tonight, he's rented a room at a strippers club, god knows what he's doing in there. Dealing drugs, ruining some poor innocent girls life, getting into more trouble; regardless, he won't suspect a thing. Though he's usually on high alert, tonight is the one night he won't be because this is place is one that he secretly owns. Remember, get in, get out. I'll also be inside, so scream and I'm there. Don't get hurt, don't be stupid, and for the love of god; don't let your guard down." I sharply inhaled, slipping the silencer in my handbag just in case.

My hands were sticky with sweat, my heart hammering in my chest. I felt as my lips begin to jitter in boiling anticipation, while my nerves were beginning to skyrocket now more than ever.

"Christian, you're my main man tonight, which means you will do anything to make sure my daughter isn't in harm's way. And if she can't pull the trigger, I know that you will." Despite our separate personalities, Christian had already killed someone. He had been on countless missions before now, assigned by my father's friend while he was away.

"She's my sister, sir. I'll always protect her." He proudly declared, turning to me with a smile ignited on his lips. I returned the gesture instantly, glad I had him through times like this.

"Don't let me down."

• • •

I openly gawked at the huge, neon-lit building, explicit photos enlarged and planted on the walls. The line was endless, going on for miles.

This must be a hotspot.

Christian and I stood side by side, our arms interlinked. We confidently sauntered towards the security man, an enraged expression on his face.

"Listen, you can't cu-"

Christian leaned over, whispering his identity in the man's ear. Once Christian pulled away with an irritated expression, the man's scowl was replaced with a look of mortification.

"Sorry sir, your fathers inside." Just to add extra effect, Christian shouldered past the bulky man with a scoff.

Turns out, the theif had an apparently egotistical son, who Christian was currently impersonating.