Chapter Six

Jeff walked down the sidewalk cautiously, his hockey stick in hand that he grabbed from home. The sun was setting, the sky painted with numerous shades of orange, yellow and pink.

Earlier that evening, Jeff's mother had called him, explaining that his father and she wouldn't be home from work in time to pick up Liu

Earlier that evening, Jeff's mother had called him, explaining that his father and she wouldn't be home from work in time to pick up Liu. Who was over at a friends house that evening, working on a project.

As the day went on, the words the senior student shared with him sunk into Jeff more, and more. It had gotten to the point where that was all he could think of. He feared for the rest of his school year, Randy was only at the school for another year, but Woods couldn't imagine not running to him again. Now Jeff was walking the streets, foolishly armed with a hockey stick. Praying Randy and his two followers weren't stalking the streets.

"It's ok Jeff. You're more than halfway there." He whispered to himself in reassurance.

He turned a corner onto the next street minutes later. He looked behind his shoulder for reassurance, even though he hadn't expected to see anyone. He nearly felt his insides churn the moment he saw the three standing at the end of the street.

"Hey there lil' bugger, miss me?" Called out the blood-red haired teen. His two pathetic sidekicks standing by his sides. From Jeff's view, he could see the overweight kid Troy held a six pack of some type of liquor, where the 'leader' held something completely different. Even from a distance, it was clear that Randy was holding what looked like a bottle of a liquid chemical.

He felt frozen in fear for a mere moment, the young teen turned around and booked it down the sidewalk.

"Oh, he wants to run, ha! Three can play that game!"

He breathed heavily in terror as he turned into the entrance to the neighborhoods forest, which had trails connecting to different streets, including his own. The quick plan that he formulated at that moment was to go through the trail leading to his street, run into his house and just explain the situation to his younger brother on text. Liu could figure out a way home because Jeff knew this wouldn't end well for him if he decided to walk over to the friend's house.

He sprinted down the trail, hearing the soft dirt squishing beneath his sneakers and his heart pound inside his chest. He kept his grip on his stick tight, hearing three pairs of fast footsteps close behind. Seconds felt like minutes, and minutes felt like hours. His situation felt like a horror movie to him, feeling if he was the helpless prey and Randy was the bloodthirsty slasher.

Jeff looked over his shoulder as a natural instinct, seeing the three close on his tail. He looked forward again, the brown bark of a tree close in his view.

"Oh sh-" He was able to mutter out before his vision went completely black.

Jeff moaned in pain and opened his eyes slowly. His head throbbed, ears ringing and feeling as if he was in a fog. His nose stung with sharp pain, feeling a warm substance gushing out from his nostrils. He let his eyes wander around, even though he felt that everything was a blur. However, he did see three figures standing over him.