Chapter Ten

"Have you found the eldest son yet?"

"No, only the bodies of the three.'

"How bad is it?"

"It's the worst crime scene I've seen in all my years being a cop..."

The young female police officer gulped nervously, staring at the open door of the house. "Oh jeez" She replied.

Another officer walked up to the crowd of neighbors that heard the sirens and screams from within the house, standing outside to know what happened. Police cars and an ambulance were parked in the driveway. The red and blue siren lights illuminating the crime scene. Yellow police tape surrounded the premises.

"We're still trying to gather evidence and an explanation, but the eldest son is still to be found. Had anyone witnessed or seen him within the past hour?" He questioned, grabbing his pen and notepad.

In the background, a few paramedics rolled out three stretchers, with the three family members in body bags. Some of the neighbors instantly started to cry the moment they saw this, now confirming that at least three of the beloved Woods family were dead.

A young teenager stepped out from the back of the small crowd, nodding her head. She wore a fluffy robe over her pajamas, her wavy brown hair just past her shoulders.

"I'm one of the people that called 911, I think I saw Jeff running out and onto the street." She explained, the officer writing her statement down.

"What is your name?"

"My names Jane...Jane Arkensaw."