day five

DAY FIVE

The days went on and the story was more than half way through, "Wow, Lo, we're so close, why do you have to work so much?" Jon asked as they packed up their stuff.

"Almost done? We just got halfway! It's been taking us almost a week." She laughed, "and I-I need the money, Jon, that's why I work my ass off. If you got like 6 trillion dollars you can spare, i'd enjoy that."

"If I had that kind of money," he looked up from his bag to her, "I definitely would." Then went back to fixing his zipper on the bag.

Lauren sighed and grabbed her stuff, "Hey uh-Jon?"

"Yeah?" He looked up.

"Uh-nevermind." She said, "skipped my mind..."

Jon chuckled, "Alright."

"I guess I should get back to work..." Lauren sighed, "I'll catch you later."

"You got it." He started to walk out but Lauren ran back to him. For some reason, she didn't want to leave him. He gave her comfort and helped her and her mom so much.

"Jon."

"Yes? Did it come back to mind?" He chuckled.

"Sure-um-can l come over to your house a-after work?"

He laughed, "Sure, I'll text you my address."

"Cool." She laughed walking to the back room of the coffeehouse.

"And Lo."

"Yeah?"

He ran up to her giving her a five dollar bill, "bring me a regular coffee while you're at it." He laughed.

She laughed at the gesture, "Alright, will do."

**
Later that night, she pulled up to Jon's small apartment in LA that he shared with a good friend of his, Jeff Blim. Jon never really spoke of Jeff to Lauren, for she never asked for his "home" life.

Lauren knocked on the door and Jeff opened it, "Hello?" He questioned, it was dark out for he wasn't sure who was there.

"Hi, is uh-Jon here? Am I at the wrong house? I-I'm sorry, I'll go—"

"No, no, no, you're at the right house, um, who are you?"

"Lauren... Lopez."

"Oh, right, Jon talks non-stop about you, come on in." Jeff steps aside, letting her pass through.

"Uh... thanks."

Jeff walked her to the living room where Jon sat looking at the TV playing some movie that Lauren didn't recognize.

"Hey, Lauren, come sit." He laughed.

Her eyes widened, she had never seen Jon in regular clothes. He was wearing jeans and a tee-shirt with a light jacket, not a tux like he would wear to work.

"Hey—you okay?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I've never seen you in like 'chill' clothes before," She laughed, "it's new."

"Oh yeah." He laughed.

"Also, you've never told me you had a roommate." She whispered, but Jeff heard.

"YOU'VE NEVER SPOKE ABOUT ME!? that's cold, Jon, real cold." Jeff commented.

Lauren and Jon both laughed, "Yeah, sorry, that's Jeff. He'll probably just play his piano all night."

"You play music?" Lauren asked Jeff.

"Yeah, I write musicals." He stated.

"Huh, fun." She laughed, "I used to dance when I was younger."

"Join my musicals, we can always use a dancer."

Lauren laughed as a reply, "Alright Jeff, we'll catch you later." Jon replied.

"Yeah, sure." He sighs and walks off to his room to write more random songs.

"So why'd you want to come?" Jon asks as he sits on the couch in front of the TV. Lauren continues to stand holding her stuff, "you can sit you know too, right?" He laughs.

"Oh yeah..." she says quietly as she sits and sets her bag down on the floor, then looks to him, "um... I came because—I don't know. I just needed someone I could be with and not feel, weird about it..."

Jon looked at her with pity eyes, "come here, Lauren." He sighed as he put his arms out to hold her.

She scooted close to him and went into his arms, "thank you." She sighed, "I can always count on you."

"If you ever need anything, I'm always here Lo," he looked into her eyes, "always remember that, okay?"

"okay." She smiled, he cuddled into him closer, "okay."

He held her in his arms that night as she laid on him, feeling his warmth and comfort. She wanted to lay there for years on years, never to let go of the man who was her personal savior.

~~~~~
A/N: (very late post but) "The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals" soundtrack comes out in 3 hours for me now and the musical is out tomorrow! I really can't wait to watch it again!
it's a very short chapter and i'm very sorry but it's late and well, i'm really lazy and I'm waiting to buy the soundtrack right now so fun okay—one more chapter! :)

-stranger_starkid <3