Part Eight - Interviews

Last night was fantastic when I received my score. And Noah too. Both of us were on the edge of our seats in pure nervousness and anticipation. Jack and Tiara both received a nine, Ryan and Charley both got a ten. Then Noah came up and he got an eight. I was so proud of him. Then it was my turn, and i too received an eight. The rooms was full of cheers for both of us. Noah hugged me so tight I thought I was going to stop breathing but it only lasted a second.

  Now it's time for the interviews. I have been dressed in a dark blue dress that comes just above my knees. I recognise the colour; it is the same colour as Noah's eyes. I don't know why this has happened, maybe just a coincidence. Noah is wearing a light, sky blue jacket with a black shirt underneath.

"Hi, i am looking for my friend Noah. He has black hair that is normally messy and wears jeans and a black t-shirt" i tease him. "You've changed"

"In a good way or a bad way?" he asks.

i giggle a little. "Good way, silly. No you look really handsome"

"Nothing like you. You are beautiful" he touches my cheek and i immediately blush.

"Thank you but don't lie just because you don't want to hurt my feelings. I don't feel pretty let a lone beautiful" i sigh.

"You are. listen to me, now. You are beautiful and perfect so never say you are not." he looks me in the eyes and I am forced to look up into his. It is always like I lose myself in a sea of deep blue.

"Hey" i hear Tiara.

"Hi Tiara" Noah says. 

"What do you think of my dress?" She spins and the thin pearly white dress fans out around her. Noah wolf whistles and my mind fills with jealousy.

"Perfect"i plaster on a smile.

"Oh, i'm going on in a minute. Wish me luck" she says and skips off to the front of the line.

Interview to interview. Each goes by quicker than the last. Before long, i am called up for my interview. Time to show the Capitol what i'm made of.

NOAH'S POV

i watch as the last of Leigh'a flowing dress disappears around the corner. I am going to tell her how I feel about her in less than an hour. I  have got to tell her before the games start and we might not have the time tomorrow. I don't know if she noticed but my suit was the same colour as her eyes; sky blue. Coincidental? How would I  know.

 I look up at the screen. She looks so wonderful up on stage, talking to Caesar. I did what Jack had told me, i hugged her when she received her training score but we have hugged numerous times. How could a hug express my feelings to her? I know I'll never make it home, it is my death wish that Leigha is to win.

 Before i know it, Leigha has left the stage and an attendant is escorting me to the stage. Time for the Capitol's big show. I nervously take to the stage.

LEIGHA'S POV

That was the scariest three minute of my life. I hate big crowds, they make me really make me nervous. i head up to my room and take a shower. The warm water droplets fall over my body, refreshing my skin. I wonder how Noah had done in his interview, I bet all the women in the crowds loved him. Who couldn't? I need to tell him how I feel sometime before I die in these stupid games.

  I dress in a silk nightgown and head to the living room.  I pour myself a mug of hot chocolate and sit down on the leather sofa to watch the recap of the interviews. On walks Tiara, downright sexy in every way, smiling and giggling to much at the crowd. Then Jack, rather sarcastic and trying to be the joker. Both from two are charming but make sure everyone sees the fighter in them.

  Then i'm all shy but slowly come out of my shell. Noah looks amazing and doesn't seem to have an angle and just plays along with Caesar.

"Was I that bad?" Noah's voice comes from behind me.

"Not at all. I was all shy and nervous. You actually were good"

"You look cute when your nervous" he comes and sits next to me.

Here i go, i need to tell him. "Noah, i...i need to..."

"I just want to say that you are the most important person in my life. You are beautiful and funny and cute and clever. I love how you hate your sister and so easily love your mother and father. I love you" Noah bursts out.

"Really?" i say quietly.

"I guess Jack was wrong then..." Noah trails off.

"Wait, Tiara said that you told Jack that you loved me" i say. "You aren't the only one with hidden feelings"

We look deep into each others eyes.His eyes; an ocean that holds too many secrets. I can feel the space between us disappearing as our lips meet.

   Sweet, bliss emotions course through my body. A love that only Noah could give me flowing through my body. My body feeling as light as air itself. My arms around his neck, his around my waist.

  Suddenly, we hear a bang and break apart. We turn and see Blight staring at us, his coffee cup on the table. His expression is filled with confusion.

"What's going on here?" he asks.

Noah's eyes are widened with fear. As though caught red-handed doing a crime. "Nothing. Nothing is going on."

Blight looks from Noah to me repeatedly. "Leigha. Please go on up to your room, now?"

I nod and stand up before hurrying out of the room. I almost run into my room and slam the door behind me. What have I done? I have just  got Noah in trouble, that's what!