Part Fifteen - Day Five

NOAH'S POV

My head is pounding. I can't remember anything other than... the pain. The fear that drained whatever colour Leigha had in her face. The panicked tone that grew in her voice. Kicks was asleep. No, Leigha woke him and he warned her to stay away from me. She wouldn't. A moan escapes my lips but my eyes refuse to open. 

"Noah? Are you ok?" that voice. Leigha's voice. The voice I have had a hunger for the past twenty-four hours.

"I think so" i manage to say. My eyelids begin to finally rise. The light hurts but they soon adjust. "What about you? And where's Kicks?" i scan the little place with no sight of him. His weapons and packs are still here though.

"Noah. Kicks went out to hunt after he knocked you out. A canon went off about three hours after. It was him. There's only six of us left" She says rather quickly.

"Why did he knock me out, Leigha?" I ask confused. I really don't remember. i notice that Leigha is a few metres from where i now sit. I'm really starting to worry.  "What happened yesterday?"

"You were bitten. By a Cross-fire ant. You tried to kill me but Kicks got you away and knocked you out. I freaked out at him talking about how he could have killed you and than he should have let you kill me." She explains. I could never hurt her let alone kill.

"I would never hurt you, Leigha. You do know that right?" I say to her. She nods and slowly makes her way over to me. I gently grab her shirt and bring her lips down to mine but after only a few moments, she pulls away.

"Noah. We have to more careful now. Ryan and Charley won't give in. They may find us. The tributes from nine could be hiding or fighting or whatever but we have been specifically appointed as the next to die. We can't stay in here." She says.

 I'm reluctant to agree but as always, she has her point. We eat some berries that Kicks had left in his pack and head on out. "Where are we going then?"

"Back to the Cornucopia"

"With Charley's spears? She could easily get us."

"Yes, she may. As could Ryan. But we can see most of the arena. It will help us. Unless we go up the mountain" She suggest.

"Ok" i say. "But first i want to give you something."

"Sure" 

I pull out the necklace and pull the ring from the chain. I get down on one knee. I watch as Leigha's eyes grow wide.

"I know it can never happen but we can always dream it could. Leigha Hancock, would you do me the honour of marring me?" I said it. it is now our in the open. The entire nation of Panem has witnessed this.

Leigha has been stunned into silence. When she finally does speak, a smile comes to her lips. "Oh my god. Noah. You always were a dreamer. Of course i  would" She runs up to me and i tightly hug her. This moment is perfect. I release her and slip the ring onto her finger. I bring my lips down upon hers and kiss her, passionately.

  "I love you" i whispers as we break apart.

"I love you too" she replies.

"Newsflash! I love killing people." a voice comes from behind a wide tree. "What do you think, Charley"

"Me? I love the idea that I finally get to kill this very cute couple" Charley snickers as she comes out of hiding. Ryan joins her. I grab my axe as does Leigha.

"Not on my watch. Leigha go!" I push Leigha away and she starts running.

"Charley. Get her" Ryan growls at Charley. She obey and heads off after Leigha. Not much i can do to stop her but Leigha's smart. if one thing she can easily beat Charley. "Now what to do with you..."

Ryan pulls out a sword and prepares for the attack. Why do they have to be monsters? I raise my axe and run at him. I have no plans. No ideas. i have to have to hurry and find Leigha before Charley does. I made a promise and that promise was being kept!!!