Part Nine

NOAH'S POV

I look at Blight, my sudden shock turning to anger. I had let her get embarrassed.

"What was that for?" i spit at him.

"Noah, this is serious! If you both survive the initial bloodbath, how can you both win?" he moves closer to the sofa.

"I don't intend for both of us to win, It's my death wish that she survives. That means that I am relying on you to help her with sponsors. Please?" i am determined for Blight to see my point.

He considers this for sometime before saying "Fine. I will help you. Go to bed"

  I nod and head of down the corridor to my room.

LEIGH'S POV

I here Noah hurry down the corridor, quickly followed by his door shutting. i need to apologise for getting him into trouble. I get out of my bed and head on out of the room.

 i stand outside his room and quietly knock on his door. He opens it a few seconds later.

"Hi, can we talk?" i ask him.

"Sure. Come in" Noah opens his door and i hurry in.

"I'm sorry I got you in trouble" I look down to avoid making eye contact with him. 

"Not really. I thought Blight had already fallen asleep. Well, at least I told you how I feel" that's Noah. Always trying to steer from certain topics.

"Could I stay in here tonight? I won't go to sleep anyway tonight" i ask, sitting on his bed.

"Of course. Maybe you can get to sleep" he replies softly.

 I sit against the wall, my knees tucked under my chin. Noah comes and sits next to me.

"I love you" he whispers in my ear.

I smile. "I love you, too"

"You're my anchor to the real world"

"Isn't that something a person from District four would say?" i laugh a little. "what about 'you're my roots to the real world'?"

"That's good but I prefer my version, only because I need you as an anchor to stop me loosing myself in your eyes. A perfectly blue sea" he explains. "Try and go to sleep, Leigha"

With his worlds swirling around in my head, I fall asleep.

NOAH'S POV

seeing Leigha sleeping reassures me that she will be safe, but then she wakes with fear in her startling blue eyes. She looks uncomfortable against the wall. I gently lay down her body and place a blanket over her. In here, this is the safest I could give. Four walls and me for protection.

I ponder on weather I should sleep on the floor but dismiss this idea and lie next to Leigha. This is our final night of freedom together. The last time I can lie next to her without the fear of death looming over me. I am prepared to die for her. I am prepared to save her but I am I prepared to leave her?