Chapter 5.50: "Don't be fooled."

"That hurts." The only words he replied to try turn our tables.

"Then maybe truth really hurts." I replied. I won't bite that bait.

If he says he don't lie? Well, I don't too.

"You leave people first so they will not have a chance to leave you. Is that your defence mechanism?"

I looked up and our eyes met once again. He gave me the gaze I didn't know would feel like it scrutinized my whole soul. I want to deny and make it seem like he's exaggerating and over analyzing everything but his eyes speaks to me.

I cleared my throat, "you can be a great cook." I'm trying to divert our conversation.

"Babe, you know you can tell me." He came forward and leans his elbows above to show that he's ready to listen.

"Quit that 'babe' thing. Ugh." I brought my chopsticks down, pretending that I'm losing my appetite.

"You're avoiding our conversation again." He pouted, "I won't call you babe if you don't want it."

"Let's drink some alcohol then you can ask me again."

"You're just making excuses to have a drink." He smirked.

"Oops?" And we both exhanged soft chuckles before sharing a lot of things together during our meal. For a second, I felt he was a decent human again. From the way he talks with honesty whilst he speaks about his experience trying to give me life advices I never thought would be coming from him.

He told me regarding his flaws as a Prince starting from his surname saying; "I'm still in the Queen's tummy and I'm already considered as a failure. Gaining the trust of people is the biggest burden I'm carrying all my life. One mistake and I told myself I'll choose to be kept as a secret, I'll live my whole life as the faceless Prince because I'm afraid they'll hate me once I'm revealed. I'm afraid of people as much as you do but I want a change and let my self loosen up the tight knot around my neck that's been pulling me down. I decided to do that when I knew you. Well 'knew' even I haven't met you personally then when I heard about you. 'Knew' in a sense that I'm watching you from a far for a long time. Hearing a lot of a girl named "Park Sooyoung" who is out of touch. When I learned that you're also afraid of people's judgements? I claimed the change I've longed wanted. You became the reason of my escape in the cage I build myself because I want you to see in me on how it's not bad to be just you and commiting mistakes is inevitable in life. People should love you on who you really are. I'm maybe considered as a failure but for the first time, I don't ever feel the burden for anyone else to like me now- well, I hope so. That's what I have in mind."

Too long for retaliation of a life lesson with a segue of his confession. It still leaves me oblivious.

"Y-you speak like you know me very well. Just to tell you, Taeyong and I seldom exchange conversations unless it's about SC works and that's what I'm really curious," I tuck my hair behind my ears, "tell me honestly, how could he know me so well for you to assume that you already know me just by hearing his stories? What else did he tell you?"

"A lot more than you can think of. I've listened to every bits of his story. It even came to me that the job I gave him made him actually like you which I'm hoping not."

"Do-" will I really ask him this? "Do yo-- do you really like me?" I don't want to act as if I'm waiting for his answer so I grab a spoon full of rice and ate it casually but he's not speaking and just keeps looking at me. I grabbed a glass of water and swallowed it all hard. When I put my glass down the table, I saw him took something in his pocket and raised his hand a little pressing a button on the thing he's holding.