Chapter 1.75: "Eat with us."

I and my brother is helping grandma in washing the reusable table wares that Jung-- that Justi-- that he bought yesterday for the farmers.

She thought that it was a good idea but also an extra work for an old woman like her. Not wanting to give additional responsibility for the farmers, she don't know if she can do this for the rest of the month till their helper can comeback from break. No doubt, good deeds still has its unavoidable sacrifices.

If I can just stay here.

"Grandma." I called her. I want to ask her on why she let Jung-- why she let Justi-- ugh! Why she let him sleep on the sofa when we have extra rooms upstairs and why she let him work in the farm with grandpa as early as 5 am?! Damn. Even my mind don't know how to address him.

She raised her eyebrows without removing her eyes on what she's slicing. "Wh-- no nothing." I can't bring myself to ask her so I end up returning my full attention in washing the dishes. I'll just leave myself frustrated alone.

"Seonho-ah, boil some water. I'm almost finish here." He's not moving an inch on where he is so I called him a little louder only to see that he was smiling to himself.

I splash him some water on his face from my hand to bring him back to reality, "Stop daydreaming. Boil some water." Then he slowly turned his head to me without removing his smile. He nods and stands to go to the sink.

He's the weirdest. You'll sometimes really wonder on what's going on inside his head. Although, I'm not complaining since it only shows that he's still younger than me. Well, he actually really is. He's only acting mature in certain ocassions and when I say 'certain occasions', I mean 3 out of 10.

I'm backstabbing him. Shhh.

After we prepared everything, we already go straight to the farm.

By the way, If you're asking why we own farms-- with the s-- but we only deliver food here is because it's the nearest my grandparents can reach. My father's business is actually a yogurt production company and all the fruits that we manufacture in Seoul are from these farms.

Learning everything about the family's business from the bottom; me and my brother are taught to plant and to harvest fruits. We experienced hardships in reaching the quota everyday. Also, marking expiration date stamps through a machine when we worked in the factory, up to packing yogurts in the boxes and delivering them to different marts all over South Korea. My father said, it's the best way to understand the business. Knowing how every individual who works for him plays a significant role in every success of milestone his company reaches.

The moment I saw our farm, my eyes wanders to search for him. Not that I care but I want to know if he's having a hard time.

But I can't seem to find him.

Grandma and Seonho calls for everyone to share the lunch we brought. They said grandpa left to go to a meeting that's why he's not there. If I haven't mentioned yet, he's a Mayor here.

When everyone is gathered already and he's not yet there. I asked the farmers on where he is and they said he have to reach his quota that's why he's working hard to harvest corns.

"I thought he's just here to help?" I whispered to grandma and she just shrug her shoulders to tell me that she don't have any clue too.

I stood up to grab a pair of gloves and a hat to go through the bush of huge grasses to help him.

I found him bathing from his own sweat while working his ass off. "Don't you have any plan on eating?"

"Oh, you're here." And he smiled scrunching his nose and narrowing his eyes when he looked at me because of the bright sun blinding him, "Almost finish anyways." He said and continued grabbing and twisting to get the corns from their huge roots.