Chapter 35: What is Still Unwritten

"Do you have your pen?" Crystal asks as she grabs an equally thick book from Henry's bookshelf and casts a glamour spell on it to make it appear like the Once Upon a Time book. The daughter of the Dark One lays the disguised book down on the ruptured platform. She then uses her magic to repair the glass case that had cracked open like an egg due to her light magic overpowering the dark. She cannot help but feel some relief that she didn't have to use dark magic to open it considering she'd already done enough damage today because of her inner demons and darkness.

Henry removes the author's pen from his backpack, his heart pounding in pure happiness that he finally had his book back in his arms and he's able to hopefully stop this craziness that the Black Fairy has unleashed upon all of them.

He opens the book to the last page that had been written. The page had writing about Rumpelstiltskin confronting his mother and claiming victory over the embodiment of all evil. Of course, the book then states that this was all a lie, but their family didn't know this. Henry then begins writing to fill in the blanks, which pleases Crystal immensely, thus allowing her to fully understand what had happened just before the wedding. She reads over his shoulder as he writes about the group seeing the Black Fairy's curse in the clock tower, Emma willing to sacrifice herself in order to save her loved ones who were frozen and under the insidious woman's control. However, the song in Emma's heart protects it from being crushed and the wedding occurs without incident. An image of Emma and Killian kissing as they seal their vow of love magically appears on the adjacent page in ink. Crystal can't help but tear up at the image of her family is so happy. A slight pang of sadness hits her heart because she wasn't there to share in the joyous moment.

Henry continues writing with the pen glowing ever so slightly.

Their eyes looked lovingly into one another's faces as the wise cricket confirmed that they were now husband and wife. He writes. When their lips touched to seal their vow of true love, everything in all the realms stopped moving for a moment before jumping for joy as a lifelong dream of happiness was about to begin.

"She looks beautiful," Crystal says, feeling some envy over Emma's beautiful gown. She recognizes the dress' design from a pop culture book that she'd read back in New York. "Very Grace Kelly."

Henry smiles and nods in agreement. "She looked so beautiful. I heard Grandpa say that she looked like the true princess that she was always meant to be."

"They look so happy," she whispers. The sadness has increased to the point that tears are welling in her eyes, but they were very different from the ones she's shed from earlier. They are not tears of regret, shame, and anger, but tears of happiness, mixed with sadness. She wishes beyond all measure that she was there to share in the joy and even sing-along with everyone. She wanted to be with her true family and be part of the celebration. Sometimes she wished that she didn't have to keep moving back and forth from New York to Storybrooke and could just live in the town already. However, at the same time, if she had been at the wedding, she would likely become some drunken gambling addict or a streetwalker or even in yet another street gang with no idea of who she truly was. She would also be alone in the world again, consumed by guilt and hatred. While their current situation was not ideal, at least she had Henry with her and they could lean on one another for comfort and support.

"It was a magical moment," Henry nods as he continues to write.

Then at the stroke of six, the town's timepiece burst open with thick black clouds as the Black Fairy's curse was cast. It spread very quickly and while the Saviour declared victory over the woman's evil, no further words were spoken as everything was consumed in ultimate darkness.