Chapter 47: Declaration

Robert Gold can't believe what he's seeing. The image of his wife flashes on the screen, declaring her dangerous and that she's killed, somebody. He can't believe that... he doesn't believe that. Belle would never harm anyone unless it was done in self-defence. The news is saying that she is mentally unstable and killed an orderly at the hospital. It also claims that she'd been at the hospital for years...

Gold is unsure of what to think about this. How... how was she back in town?! Had she been here all this time? The news is claiming that this is so... were those the years that she'd supposedly left them to see the world, she'd been right under their noses. All those years being told that she was fine and enjoying herself... She'd been trapped, probably pleading for his help and he'd been played for a fool by his own mother... he'd believed her the entire time and Belle paid the price for it.

For a moment, his mind flashes and he sees himself standing in front of his mother, but she was dressed differently... all in feathers and there were these big shapes coming out of her back, making her look like an angel or a... fairy. He hates fairies, they are like fleas and one could never get rid of them...

Robert brings himself back to reality. Fairies?! He truly was losing his mind, as if for a second he believed that his own mother was a fairy, or that fairies were even real.

He scoffs at the thought and focuses on what is important. He clenches his teeth as anger begins to rise inside his body. His whole physical being shakes with this dark and intoxicating energy. It feels good and... familiar? He manages to say one word with tears filling his eyes. He grips his cane so tightly that the crystal skull on the end shatters, the shards falling to the hardwood floor. This shocks both him and his son. He didn't know his own strength when he was fuming.

"Belle!"

"Why is Mama on the news?" Gideon asks. He's just as confused as his father, but nowhere near as angry. He wanted answers as to why his mother was being accused of such horrible things, or that she'd been in the city all along.

"I believe we have some things to discuss with your grandmother," Robert hisses. He storms towards the door of his penthouse, grabbing a replacement cane on his way.

...

"This is extremely weird," Henry says, blowing his dyed bangs out of his face.

Both he and Crystal walk along the streets of the city now disguised in weird outfits to prevent themselves from being recognized.

Henry wears a Metallica t-shirt under a black leather jacket, very similar to the ones Killian would wear. He has shredded black jeans with chains hanging from one hip and thick combat boots that pound the pavement with every step. He feels weighed down by the boots, slowing his ability to walk significantly. He wears two leather bands with spikes on his left wrist and a set of rings on the other. His hair is now dyed black, heavily gelled and spiked in some areas, with his bangs hanging down in front of his face, dyed a crimson red colour. He'd catch glimpses of himself in the reflections of shop, bar, or casino windows, and it was a stranger staring back at him. It takes a lot of strength for him not to start laughing

"If either of my moms saw me like this, they'd freak out and send me to military school," he smirks.

"At least you're not vaping," Crystal says, brushing some of her blonde locks from her face.

She wears a halter top tied around the back of her neck under a torn jean jacket, still wanting to keep some of her personal style in disguise. She walks around in a small leather skirt with fishnet stockings and motorcycle boots. Her ears have several piercings in each lobe as well as a stud on her nose (All of which is fake for the sake of the disguise) She has studded black half-gloves and several types of bracelets over each wrist. She tosses her blonde curly hair out of her face, fiddling a few times with the dyed turquoise tips.