Chapter 6

Camila's POV

It was now three days before Lauren was going to meet the family. Four days before exchanging gifts. Well Lauren and her decided to exchange gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve.

The four best friends were at the mall finishing up Christmas shopping. They all separated and were to meet at Jamba Juice, right in the middle of the mall, then they would help each other shop for their significant others.

Camila currently had no idea what to get Lauren. She was kind of intimidated if she was being honest, because Lauren has loads of money and could buy whatever she wants. But she figured the sentiment would be what counted. Her parents weren't poor by any means, but she didn't know why she was anxious about getting the perfect gift. She had just got her little sister a giant stuffed unicorn and a princess magic book. She was making her way to Jamba Juice when she saw the Swarovski store. She saw the other girls standing there chatting so she called them over.

"Guys what about a necklace?" Camila thought as she led them into the diamond store.

"Yuck romance. But aww cute." Dinah fake gags.

"How about a letter C?" Mani says giggly while looking at letter pieces.

"No.. people would talk" Camila makes a point.

"Ooh Mila look hearts" Ally turns their attention. Camila walks over and immediately her eyes fix on one in particular. Not on a heart, but on a crescent moon and star pendant. It was white diamonds with gold plating.

 It was white diamonds with gold plating

She thought it was perfect. Simple, but with meaning. They both loved outer space, which they discovered when they watched the space documentary the first day they hung out.

Camila got the necklace that immediately caught her eye and Normani got her mother a bracelet. As they headed out to find A gift for Ally's boyfriend, Dinah having no boo to shop for, stops for pretzels. Working at the register is none other than Hailee.

"Mila" Dinah says, nodding her head in the direction of the pretzel place.

Eyes wide in surprise, Camila thinks about when Hailee texted her saying "what if I moved back". Deciding everything was fine, she spoke, "It's fine just be cool, there's no drama or anything like that."

"Cool so we can invite her to the party? She was always a fun partier!" Normani says excitedly.

Camila shrugs in response and she hears a greeting to the four.

"Hey guys! Hi Camila" Hailee stares at her nostalgically.

"Hi" they all say in response. "Are you just here for break?" Ally randomly asks but Camila was curious to know the answer so she looked to the taller girl.