3

"I'll be there in a few, okay. Don't accidentally nap and fall asleep," Indigo nagged over the phone, causing the woman to roll her eyes with a smile, replying, "I won't. Just hurry-"

"Bitch, you left my freezing ass out in the cold for half an hour when you decided to take a jolly ol' comfortable nap on your younger sister!" Indigo piped, irritated as a sheepish, guilty grin formed on the woman's face, "I'm sorry! That was last year too! Just walk faster, will you?" The woman pleaded as she heard shuffling on the other line, "Okay, I'm coming. I'll see you."

The phone call ends, and the woman lays on the bed flat on her back in her old university shirt and sweatshorts. Her hair was once again put up in a messy bun— it wasn't even done on purpose; it naturally always droops. After a few minutes, she heard the doorbell ring, causing her to jerk upward from her bed and run downstairs with an enthusiastic "coming!"

She opened the door with a grin until she met the eyes of someone else. Her grin suddenly fell, seeing the familiar delivery man again. "Delivery." He said, holding up a package. The woman closed her eyes and groaned quietly. She started to fix her clothes and discreetly tried to fix her composure. Noticing her immediate change in expression and sudden actions, he asked, "What's wrong?"

"You always come to deliver my things when I look like a mess. I'm never ready to open the door." The woman comments, signing the electronic device, causing the male in front of her to chuckle lightly, "Don't worry, you're still beautiful."

The woman's cheeks slowly flushed upon hearing his unexpected compliment. She looked up to his eyes, seeing blush creeping up to the tips of his ears, "Ah- I didn't mean it-" He cut himself off seeing her eyebrows slightly raised as his eyes grew large, "I-I mean I did mean it!- but not in that way- like I didn't want to seem as if I was- wait- sorry I-I meant it but not- okay I'm just going to shut up now." The man piped, hands frantically waving in front of him. Then, he lowers his head at the end.

At this point, his face was beet red. The woman melted in his cuteness, chuckling, "Thank you."

The male looked up, "Y-Yeah. Oh! I wanted to say thank you for all the cold water bottles that you've left out here almost every day... I appreciate it a lot." He thanked with a visible smile across his face. The woman nodded and watched the man about to turn when he heard her speak. "Wait- Can I... ask for a favor? Small favor, I promise." The woman chimed, showing her index and thumb an inch apart.

The male's eyebrows jumped upwards, causing forehead lines to form, "Hm?"

The woman awkwardly shifts in her position, realizing how strange it was to ask this question to a complete stranger whose name she did not even acknowledge, "C-Could you maybe... be my plus one for this uh... wedding event that I have to go to?" She asked, stuttering while fiddling with her fingers, already regretting asking this question.

The delivery man laughed at her sheer embarrassment, finding amusement in her shyness, "Uhh.." He sang, scratching the nape of his neck— a habit that he never broke when he felt nervous. He wasn't sure how to answer this question and wasn't too comfortable with it as he knew nothing about the individual asking.

"S-Sure?" He pathetically answered, leaving the female confused as it came out more as a question than a response, "Is that a yes?"

The delivery man nodded, knowing he'd regret it sometime later, "Yes. When and where? Should I pick you up?"

"Yeah, sure. It's this Saturday at 6 pm at the xxx in the city..."

The man's face fell, however, his happy exterior came back in an instant, "Okay." He quietly piped, nodding hesitantly. The woman grew shocked at his easiness to accept the strange offer. Quickly thanking him, she grabbed a paper to jot something down.