Tea

As you arrived at your house, you walked in front of Jin and opened the door, standing back for him to enter the hallway. You closed the door behind him and took of your jacket, walking after him into the kitchen in your red sweater, dark jeans, and boots. Jin was standing at the counter, carefully unloading all your groceries. He put the bread on the counter and put the cheese and apple juice in the fridge. You looked at him and decided to boil some water for tea, then took your chance. "Would you like a cup of tea as well?", you asked him. He nodded and took off his coat, walking back to the hallway to hang it up. You saw him enter your living room curiously, looking around before letting the door fall behind him. You finished boiling the water, put the teabags in the cups and filled them with water. Then you also grabbed a bit of dark chocolate to go with the tea, put everything on the tray and walked into the living room.

As you set everything on the table by the couch, you found Jin looking at the family pictures. You saw him looking at one of your dad in his uniform. "That's my father", you said. "He was in the navy for 30 years, but he passed away 3 years ago, when I was 15." Jin looked at you. "I'm sorry that happened to you", he said. "It's okay", you replied, seeing his worried look. "It was a shock, but I loved him and I know he loved me and my mum to death. That will never change, whether he is here or not." Jin said on the couch next to you and grabbed his cup of tea, removing the back and blowing it softly before taking a sip. "I think you're really brave, honestly." You smiled at him and took a sip of your own tea. "That's very sweet of you to say. I grew up mostly without really knowing my dad, he was always travelling, in command of a warship. He got an office job when I was around 12 years old, but something happened to a colleague of his and he took over command again when I was almost 15. A month before he was supposed to come home, he was doing a rescue operation somewhere on the Atlantic, but was shot by one of the criminals. He died within an hour. I think what I miss most about him is how safe he made me feel. His arms around me made me feel like all evil was gone from the world, and that I would always be loved."

I finished talking and looked down at my tea, grabbing a piece of dark chocolate and nibbling at it, I looked at Jin's face. His eyes were still glistening, but I saw tears in the corners. He quickly wiped his face and took a piece of chocolate as well. "That is truly awful. I wish I could take the pain away, but I know I can't." I bowed my head but then looked up at him again, smiling softly. "Thank you anyway, that's lovely", I said. He smiled at me back and leaned forward a little. "I have a proposition for you", he said. "I staying here now and we'll bake that apple pie together this afternoon. Tomorrow, I'm taking you out to have a nice day. No one should be alone on their birthday, especially not such a sweet and amazing girl like you." I smiled at him and nodded. "I would love that. You're really amazing yourself as well. Would you like to watch a movie first?" Jin agreed to this and you grabbed the remote of the television, switching it on and opening Netflix in the menu. You decided together to watch Lord of the Rings, as this was one of his favourite movies and you had not seen it for a while. As the movie started, Jin finished his tea and put his cup back on the table and leaned back into the cushions of the couch. You finished your tea as well and leaned back. As soon as you did so, you saw from the corner of your eye that Jin looked at you and then scooted a little bit closer to you. The movie was a lot more intense than you remembered, making you gasp in surprise sometimes, clap your hands in front of your eyes and sigh at one of the characters. Jin laughed as you both agreed that this character was insanely annoying.

At about three quarters of the movie, you noticed that Jin had gradually sat closer to you, there was only a little space between your legs and his. Suddenly, you felt his arm around your shoulders. Taken aback a little, you bit your lip, but then you relaxed. You didn't actually really mind. He was sweet and funny and handsome. At a scary scene in the movie, you put your hand to your eyes and buried your head in Jin's chest. He chuckled and stroked your shoulder softly. After a while he said "It's okay Y/N, you can look again." You sat up at him and smiled at him appreciatively. He chuckled again and pulled you a little closer to him.