Book1: Imprinting

“TODAY IS THE DAY, MISS ABIGAIL GREEN” As I told myself in the mirror, it was the last day of summer then, month of June. I saw my self with my long black hair, my fair skin, my dark brown eyes wearing my favorite skinny jeans and my green shirt.

I am turning eighteen years old this August twenty-first. I have been living with my Aunt Florence and Uncle John. We lived in Manila; this is actually a busy city and a hot one, but today will change.

After long years of wait I’ll be moving in with my mother Flerida, she is a doctor in their place, on a private hospital called Polymedic.

After I had gone to the mirror, I went outside the room, there was Uncle waiting for me. I carried out my big bag.

I’m moving out today and I’m going to see mom. It has been years from the last time I’ve seen her. I was still three years old when I left home because of my father’s death and of our poverty.

It hurts to leave Uncle and Aunt Florence, I have been staying in this house for fifteen years, but I couldn’t be happier either because it is my chance to be with my mother.

          “Come on, Gail, we have to leave.” Uncle said with a warm voice.

          “Okay, Pop.” I carried my bag down but Uncle shoved and carried it out of the door to his old pickup truck.

          As I walked down stairs I saw Aunt Florence with sadness in her eyes, but I know she was happy for me.

          “I’ll miss you honey,” She said sadly; she placed her left arm around my waist.

          Then I also rested my arms at her back. “I’ll miss you more Aunt.” I said in return and then gave a quick kiss on each others cheek.

          I headed at the passenger’s seat as Uncle started the car; Aunt began crying. The car went on quickly as I imagined it to be with the tears I was holding back.

“I’ll be alright, I promise, Aunt.” I said and waved my one last goodbye.

I seated calmly at the passenger’s seat when the house and Aunt was nowhere insight. Then tears began to flow on my face, I tried to stop it but it kept on coming out.

          Uncle broke the silence with his warmest advice; “Stop stopping it, Gail. When you don’t cry it doesn’t mean you’re brave.”

          I smiled at him in response, and with the loss of words we were again silent.

After minutes of silence we reached the airport. Uncle helped carry my things, but when I got in the border line Uncle turned over my bags to be checked up.

I kissed him in the cheek before I got in and said my heartfelt goodbye, “Bye, Pop. I’ll miss you and I love you.”

“Love you too, Gail.” Then I went in and never turned my back. I was afraid that I could quit on my decision.

There were minutes of waiting until the plane arrived. I walked through searching for my seat. There was no one beside me so I grabbed the opportunity to put my backpack in the seat beside me.

A minute later there were four pale men and women who went in the plane. I couldn’t help to stop looking at them because they where too beautiful.

The one leading looks like their father, he was pale, he had blond hair, he had green eyes and he was tall. Then the woman beside her whom he placed his arm over her shoulder was I guessed their mother. She was beautiful, she had green eyes, she was slim and her body was shaped, and she had long black hair. She was using an original Ralph Lauren bag. Behind her was another beautiful girl, I guess she was in her mid-nineteen or twenty. She was so fashionable, she had long legs and too flawless and was wearing a miniskirt. She had green eyes; she had a shoulder leveled black hair. She looked around and met my gaze.