Book1: Nightmare

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,” AS EVERYONE welcomed me when I went in our house. It has been three months since Amber’s vision had work.  Everything was decorated with roses on the table, the curtains, the chairs and ceiling and well presented. There were five layers of cakes, one roasted pig and a lot of food, and oh, especially my favorite spaghetti. I was speechless for a second because of the joy that filled up my heart. It looks like mom invited the whole town. My friends and other relatives were there. I looked at Lawrence with an accusing smile that he was part of the sabotage celebration.

“It was my idea, but they took it.” He confessed smiling. Then I returned to look at my guests, the Heather’s (Even Amber came.), Park, Dawson and Jordan family were there and all my classmates. As I look at all of them, there was something missing. It was something that I had before but wasn’t present now. Then I had remembered Uncle and Aunt. Everybody draw near me and greeted me, of course, my mom was the last to greet me and then Lawrence.

“Happy birthday, young lady,” She kissed and hugged me on the forehead.

“Mom, this is so unforgettable.” I looked at her with happy eyes. “Did you just ask the whole town to come here today?”

She giggled too, “Of course,” She said proudly. “I wanted the whole town to see that the baby had become a lady.” She giggled again.

After the talk with mom I entertained all the visitors. I went to each of my guests and ask if they enjoyed the party. I was now talking with my friends; we were on the garden circling around the bonfire. It was already eight in the evening when the party was almost over and others had left.

“So, what’s your secret for finding Mr. Perfect?” Samantha and the others were listening seriously.

“Well,” I drew nearer to them to tell them in whisper, I was trying to make fun of there serious faces, like telling nothing. Ha! Ha! But when I was about to talk, a beautiful voice called me from a distance. And I didn’t need to look at him if who he was, he was Lawrence, the man who made me fall in love with him everyday.

“Gail?” As he said walking forward, he was wearing my favorite smile and proud to say he was mine, and now it was my smile.

“Oh. My. Gosh! Will you just ask that creature to stop smiling? I might not stop myself from seducing him.” A whisper from the crowd, everyone was staring at him with an O lip. I was lost from myself to. I had my hand on my lap, he grabbed it and there I found myself again.

“Oh… Ye… ye… yes?” I had my words broken. I noticed that everybody was looking at us with teasing eyes with their mouth fell open.

“Umm… I wanted to talk to you alone.” He said serenely with his gentle voice.

I looked at everybody trying to ask for their permission if I could go, because I don’t want leaving my guests. But they nodded still their mouth fell open. After their nod, I stood up from my seat and walk through the sliding door while Lawrence held my back.

“Thanks guys, be back as soon as possible.” I faced them to say thank you and looked back away. I noticed Lawrence staring back and winked at them and then everyone was screaming. I heard some were talking about it.

“He winked at me!” A girl said while the others protested until I was in the house and I couldn’t hear them anymore.

“What’s the matter Lawrence?” As we were walking and I saw Cindy with a lot of people talking and admiring her. She smiled and waved at me.

“Well, I know as what you have told me that you don’t want a thing from me,” I nodded. “So I think this is a surprise for you. Just wait for awhile until we reach your room.”