Book1: Near To Death

WHEN I WAS ON THE STREET, I ENJOYEDviewing the new building and places. The whole Bukidnon was surrounded with mountains and trees. I passed big houses and schools.  I guess my school was the Mountain State University at the Centro.

My first stop was Gaisano Mall; the only mall in town. As I drove down I was on the plaza now, there were people hiking. I turned left and a minute later I was on the Mall. I parked my car at the basement.

When I went out of the car, I grabbed my purse from the front seat. Then after I locked the car two men where behind me, too close holding a knife.  

The man said threateningly; “Give me the car’s key.”

“No!” I said with an angry tune.

“You’re too tough lady.” He now pointed the knife on my appendix.

“I’m not afraid to do die.” I said with a tougher tone. This was my mom’s gift. But sure I was, my palm was now wet with sweat. But it doesn’t matter to me now. Just help me God!

Then the first man laughed, “Are you sure miss?” He asked then became serious.

He was about to stab me in the arm but the other man with him stumbled down, like someone had kicked him. Then the man went out from the dark, he seemed more like an angel than a man. His face was very familiar. Then a minute later I realized it was Lawrence. But what do Lawrence knew about fighting? He might get himself killed.

The man who was pointing the knife faced him and upper the knife to my neck.

He said, “You stay out of here, or this girl will die.”

“Lawrence, Go! Stay out of here.” His hand opened well and then I saw his nails grew a bit longer. But I think I was the only one who had noticed it.

“Leave the girl alone!” He said in a serious and scary voice. His eyes turned yellow and were glowing.

The man didn’t let go of me, so I bit his left hand that held the knife and I elbowed him strongly, that he was able to kneel.

I run towards Lawrence, and twisted my feet. I was about to fall but he was able to catch me. A moment later I saw Cindy calling the guards, the three guards went on our direction and pulled out the two car thieves. I was out of myself for a minute; I realized that that was the first time my life was put on danger.

It scared me, what’s more worse could’ve happened when I was all alone? I didn’t even notice that Lawrence was asking me until I found my self again.

“Are you all right, Abigail?” I felt that he was more worried than me.

Then one of the guards drew near and said, “Sir, will you go with us in the police station? We need witnesses.”

Then Lawrence took a look at me, he was asking my permission.

But I still couldn’t find my voice. I noticed that he was supporting my back; my head was on his chest. I was half sitting on the floor and he was on a kneeling position. That matter made me hopped out of his warm and strong shoulders.

Then I responded, “I…I’m fine. I don’t want to go to the police station, please. Do what ever you wanted to do with them; just don’t bring me to the police station.”

He motioned to the guard, “She doesn’t want to, let my sister testify, she saw everything. My father Mr. Heather is a Sheriff and is also a lawyer there, ask him too.” Then the guard nodded and went away.