Book1: Revelations

AS WE WERE OUT OF THE SUPERMARKETHE dragged me to a restaurant, a big sign written at the top of the door;

SUNFLOWER

        Well, it was a nice place, designed with sunflowers. Then I asked Lawrence, “So what are we doing here?”

        “Well obviously, we’ll eat.” He said.

I was about to protest but I heard a little grumbling in my stomach, and I bet he heard it too because he laughed, too embarrassing. I felt the blood again rush up to my cheek and ears. Then all of a sudden I forgot I don’t have money.

Of course he knew it, would he ask me to pay for this in payment of the grocery things? This restaurant looks expensive.

        “Lawrence?” I called him in whisper, we were about to sit at the corner table.

I asked him to come closer and he did then I whispered, “Am I going to pay for this? If this would be the payment for the grocery I could pay you tomorrow, please, not n…” I talked fast, he then cut me out.

        “Calm down, Gail. I’m not asking you to pay for this.”

It was a relief; thank God he wasn’t as mean as me.

Then he grabbed a chair and asked me to sit. He sat across me and smiled again his sweetest smile.

A waiter drew nearer on our table and took our orders.

“So, Gail, what do you want?” He asked me.

“Um, just one pizza’s please and an ice tea.” The waiter wrote it in his handy notebook.

“Make it two pizzas, two ice teas and two lasagnas.”

Then the waiter wrote it down again, and walked away. We were both silent, waiting for the food. He was reading a magazine placed in the table. It was all about cars.

        Then I remembered the change in his hands early this afternoon, when the two thieves tried to hurt me. Mainly, what I saw was claws changed and the luminous eyes.

I interrupted his reading and asked, “Lawrence?”

He met my gaze. “Early this afternoon when the two thieves tried to kill me, um…”

        “Why? What’s the matter?” He said tensely.

        “First, promise me that you’ll tell me the truth.” I said.

        “That depends on your question.” He said defensively.

        I sighed, “Well early this afternoon, when the thief was about to kill me, I saw your nails growing fast and your eyes where like, um, I don’t know.” I was supposed to ask him while we were in the Supermarket but there were a lot of distractions. He was silent and he made excuses by himself.

I bugged him, then our orders came and I stopped.

        As the waiter, was placing our orders a sharp knife fell from the big plate he was holding. It hit’s Lawrence palms. Then blood started flowing. I grabbed my handkerchief out of my pocket and covered it in his hands. He looked like he wasn’t surprised and hurt, but he accepted the handkerchief. The waiter kept on saying sorry about the incident.

        “It’s fine, it was just an accident.” He told the waiter with a calm voice.

        “Do you need bandage, Sir?” The waiter asked nervously.