Chapter 14 - In Love

"Where are you going?" His voice instantly brought her out of his thoughts.  She took a deep breath and turned aside to gaze at him. She was tempted to give a back answer but she held her tongue momentarily and thought of something better. 

"I am shifting back. " she said quietly.

He was hurt. She didn't even consider to discuss it with him. He had witnessed her overhearing what Gauri's aunt had said about Anika staying at their place. He would have given an answer back to the elder lady then and there, but he was not allowed to. Neither by Anika, nor by relations. She was Omkara's to- be-wife's aunt. He couldn't afford to shut her up. 

He knew why she chose to go. But yet, once she should have told him about it. "You should have told me. I will drop you!" He stated and took the bag from her hand. 

"I can manage!" She said cross with his attitude, reaching out to take her bag back. He didn't allow her to. He walked ahead of her. She stared at his back. "Stubborn!" She exclaimed and walked behind him. 

The entire drive was silent except the occasional calls each received regarding work. 

Once inside the apartment she stared at him, wondering why he wasn't making the move to leave. 

"Shall we leave?" He asked looking at her finally. "Do you want to change or something?" 

She nodded in a no. Wait. How did he know she was going to leave for work. Oh, right she had informed that on a call.

"I know the way to my work!" She said gathering the keys of the apartment and changing into her comfortable sandals.

She reached the door and turned to see him still standing rooted to the spot. "Shivaay!" She called to get his attention. He didn't flinch. She called again, yet he made no movement. Exasperated she walked back to him and waved her hand in front of his face. "Shivaay!"

He blinked at her. "Why are you being so rude?"

She gave a half amused smile. "Why only you can be?"  

He lost the little patience he had kept. He grasped her arm and ouloed her closer. "What is your problem?"

"You!" She said peering her gaze into his eyes. 

"Solve it then!" He said his tone easing and so his hold.

"I have better work to do. " she taunted freeing her arm now that his hold was loose. 

He stared at her, few seconds later than the ones in which she had turned, he twirled her and was hugging her. She didn't know what to make of the sudden embrace. She stood still, sinking what was happening. He was crying. Was he? Was he sobbing? 

Her heart was suddenly heavy. When he broke down, it was like her world was mourning. She immediately hugged him back,pressing a kiss against his cheeks. This was all too hard for her as well. They didn't break apart. They both needed the reassurance.