Chapter 4

**The next afternoon**

Sammy

To say that this morning was weird is an understatement. Bells didn't come down from her room. Dean looked like crap and Charlie was shooting daggers at Dean. I'm not sure if he knows what went down. When Bells finally came down she made breakfast and served it. She then went right back to her room.

"Sam can we talk?" Charlie asks.

"Sure." I say getting up.

I followed him into the living room and sat on the couch.

"What happened last night after I went to bed?" He asks straight to the point.

"Well Izzy called Dean before she left Phoenix, I'm guessing, told him she was leaving not to worry. Dean asked her what it was about and she went outside. Well Dean went out there to talk to her. She then came back in as did Dean. Dean then stomped outside. I went upstairs to ask her what went on. She told Dean that she was in love with him, he followed her inside kissed her and she cried herself to sleep. I then went outside and told him off." I tell him not taking a breather.

Charlie sighs and looks at me.

"I knew this would come. That girl has been smitten with him since she learned boys didn't have cooties." He smiles sadly.

"What do we do?" I ask.

"Hope Dean tells her his feelings soon son. But I've gotta head out. I will be back tonight. I'll let Izzy know what is going on." He says getting up.

Dean (while Sam and Charlie are talking)

What did I do. She wouldn't even look at me. Sam's right I'm gonna end up pushing her away. Why can't I man up and tell her I feel the same way? I don't see her as a sister anymore.

"Dean?" I hear her whisper.

I look up and see her standing at the foot of the stairs. It looks like she was crying again.

"Izzy." I nod.

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"Didn't think you would want to talk to me again after last night." I smirk.

"Can you stop being an ass for a minute Dean. I'm trying to have decent conversation with you." She sighs.

"What Sweetheart is it that you want to talk about?" I ask as she comes closer.

"Why you push people away." She sits next to me.

"I don't push people away." I say.

Damn it Dean, just fucking tell her you son of a bitch.

"Yes you do Dean. I want to know why." She puts her hand on my arm.

I wanted to pull her into my arms and tell her how I truly felt. Truth is I don't want her to get hurt. I'm a son of a bitch who doesn't want the love of my life to get hurt.

"Sweetheart there are things you don't understand. Maybe some day you will." I say.

I get up and go outside. Charlie walks out the door and sees me. He tosses me a pair of keys and I stared at him confused.

"What are these for?" I ask.

"To my truck. Izzy needs to go get some stuff for her house." He says.

House? When did Izzy buy a house?

"Okay? What does she need?" I smile.

My girl has her own house. Wait, my girl? Where did that come from?