Chapter 2 - I bump into someone

Connie sits impatiently on my front steps as I leap from the doorway.

"What in NoodleVille took you so long!" She yells, as if I'd murdered someone.

"I. Got. Changed. Um... Why are you wearing your pyjamas? Though they do look good on you."

"Apparently, it's a special occasion, so I got changed too! What time is the sleepover?" I think she's had a bit of a misunderstanding.

I place a comforting hand on her shoulder. I don't want to break the news to her! "We are going into town, not having a sleepover. I don't think you understood our phone call." My voice is so calm I feel like I could meditate if I wasn't dealing with this!

Connie skips off the step. "Okay! What are we waiting for! I. Need. Chips!" She sprints down the road.

Ugh. I am not in the mood for running right now.

When I catch up with Connie, she has a mouth full of chips and three bags of fish. " Alright?"

Which came out as 'falfrifghft?'

"What are you doing?" I ask, rather frustrated.

"Well," she says, "If you eat fish, you set supernatural powers! I read it in a book!"

OMG. Where's the press! This must be the first time in 16 years Connie has ever read a book.

"What book was it?"

"Oh, er..." She thinks too hard. Poor her. "Um...Eek! I forgot." She pulls a really freaky sad face.

I huff and start to walk around the corner.

Until I crash into someone.

I shriek quite quietly for my standerds. I'm usually a loud person. I never skriek. Something's really wrong with me.

Slowly, I begin to sit up. Then I watch the person, whom of which I had bumped into, push themselves up to.

Then they look at me.

His dark gray eyes search mine as he pushes himself up from the floor. Then he outstretched his hand.

"Kieron." He says.

I take his hand. He pulls me up.

"Samantha. Thanks."

"You should watch where your going." He exclaims, his eyes still on me.

I turn away. "Er.. Yeah. Sorry, I guess."

Connie comes skipping over. "Who's this?" She asks me.

"Kieron."

Then I notice our hands our still touching. I free my hands as quick as possible. When I look back at Kieron, he seems... Disappointed.

"Sorry about all this," I say, "we're just having problems.." I gesture towards Connie, who is, right now, trying to balance 10oz of fish on her head. She's not getting anywhere.

"No worrys. I guess I'll see you around, huh?" Kieron smiles.

"Yeah. Bye." I start to walk off. Then I remember my best friend. I walk back, grab Connie by the arm and stroll away from Kieron.