Chapter 7 - ROSH

When we reach the end of the hallway, we enter a vast room with a large dining table and several fire places. Two couches sit in the corner, collecting dust. I let go of Kieron's hand and do a 360 of the room.
"Wow."

"Welcome to ROSH HQ, kids. This is where you will be staying involuntarily for the rest of your li-" the woman was cut off by Daniel.

"Where the heck are we? Who are you? What the hell is ROSH?"

"Ah. Daniel Stone. Born 18th October 1997. Clairvoyant." The woman says, a smirk planted on her usually emotionless face.

Kayleth hisses at her. "Woah. Hang on one sec missy-"

"Kayleth Morgan. 17th October 1997. Empath." Then the lady turns to Kieron. "Kieron McAth. 16th October 1997. Telepath."

"Hey, wait a min-" I start to say.

"And last but definitely not least. Samantha Fennon. Born on 15th October 1997. Telekinetic. Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Dr. Trenzed. Now, before we answer any of your questions, I'll take you to your rooms. Follow me!" For the second time today, she walks down another corridor without us. Heads filled with questions, we run after her.

------------------------------------

As I walk in, I find myself staring at the walls. To me, they seem to move, changing shape as I run my hand along them. I study the rest on the room, then flop on the bed. What has happened to me? I get up and punch a wall. Too late did I realise that it was my bad arm. I must have forgotten about it. I shriek, not loud, but still Kieron comes running in. Oh, yeah. Telepath, or whatever Dr. Trenzed had said.

"What's wrong Sam?" He asks, full of concern. He looked cute when he was worried.

"I just punched a flippin' wall with my broken arm and now I'm in pain. Please help me you brain-dead moron." Kieron picks me up and put me in the chair next to my bed. Kneeling down next to me, he examines my arm. A long, boring silence passes between us. "So..." I attempt the art of 'small talk'. "You knew about this, didn't you?"

He stops what he's doing and sits down on my bed. I move next to him. "Kind of. I mean, I knew about what's happening, but I swear I didn't know that we'd end up here. I've never even heard of ROSH before." He looks at me. "What do you think?"

I rattle my brain for logical explanations. Search results: 0

"I don't know, Kieron." I lower my voice to a whisper. "It doesn't feel right. Something's up with this and I'm gonna find out what it is."

Kayleth and Daniel appear at the door. "Guys, listen. We're going to figure this out. Together." Kayleth places her hand on my shoulder. "And no one will get in our way."

Daniel pipes up. "Actually, there's four guards coming down the hall right know!"

"Way to ruin the pep talk, genius." I get up and look down the hall. Four strong men walk down the hallway, guns slung over their shoulders. "I don't think we'll be getting outta here anytime soon, guys."

Children, please report to the main reception in 5 minutes. Thank you. The announcement rings through the room. I look at the people around me. Then I look at my arm. "What are we gonna do?"

Kieron says, "Well, first we have to get past the guards-"

"Um... Last time I checked, my arm was broken. How am I meant to do anything?"

Kayleth pipes up. "Look, guys. I think we better change and get ready to go." She points purposely at our clothes. Kieron's are practically ripped to pieces, and my are almost as bad. I usher everyone out of the room and take a long, warm shower. I change into a dark green t-shirt and jeans. When I'm done, I make my way down to the main reception area. On the way, I meet up with Kieron and we walk down together.

"Look," he starts. "You know I was going to tell you something earlier? Well, I kinda knew about some of this..."

"What! Why didn't you tell me before?" My sudden outburst startles him.

"Um... I wasn't aloud to. You see, we're special. All four of us. We are here for a reason. We weren't meant to know, but my dad found out when he worked on a project for the military. This project. Us." He stops me just as we enter the reception. "Look, just don't tell anyone, ok?"

I don't want to believe it, but I trust Kieron. "Ok." With that, I walk into the room.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Soooo, people. How do,you like it so far?

I only have three more days until school starts again, do I'll try and post about three more chapters within that time. Otherwise, I probably do about 3-4 chappies a week.

Coggemm