An Answer

A/N//:
On the eleventh day of Christmas,
My author gave to me,
Elves shining stars,
Ten tap dancing turtles,
Nine precious moments,
Eight winter wonders,
Seven apologies ,
Six elves a packing,
Five Golden Trojans,
Four big words,
Three tiny smiles,
Two pounding hearts,
and One cheater with many regrets

Chapter Eleven-An Answer

"You don't have to answer right away," Nick said, snapping the box closed. "I know that we've been rushing things a little, but this has all felt so right. I'm sorry-"

"Can I just sleep on it?" I clasped his hands and squeezed them.

"Yeah-Yeah of course...goodnight."

"Goodnight," I said, turning away and pulling the covers over my body. I closed my eyes, finding it a bit difficult to sleep. Marriage. Nick wanted to marry me! Marriage was a forever thing...well, most of the time, and it meant-it meant kids. Children....

The sound of laughter filled my ears as my eyes opened. There, at my feet were two little boys. "Come on, Mama! The elves are waiting with grandma and grandpa!" They grabbed at my arms and I giggled, rising from the red couch I was sitting on.

"Alright, boys, alright." I ruffled their hair and led them down to the workshop. "You know to stay with me, yes?" They nodded and continued to draw me along.

"I can't wait to see daddy fly off with the reindeer," the eldest one said.

"I want to hear the bells," said the youngest.

"You will both get your wishes, but stay close, alright? I don't want another incident of you two getting lost in the workshop." They blushed and closed the door behind us. We made our way towards the stage, waiting. "Are you ready, boys?"

"Yes, yes, yes!" We looked at the vault entrance as a figure made its way through. I smiled as soon as I spotted that the figure was indeed Nick. He waved at the elves and walked towards us, the boys jumping up and down. "Daddy!" He smiled, bending down and kissing each other their heads.

He had a bit of stubble on his face, making him look more rugged, and very, very handsome. "You be good, you hear? I want you both in bed after you leave here, and you listen to your mom." They nodded and he smiled. "I'll be back in the morning," he whispered. He got up and looked at me, love shining in his warm, chocolate eyes. "And you," he bent down once again to my protruding stomach. "Quit the kicks for tonight, yes? Don't be too hard on your mommy while I'm gone." I giggled and shook my head, rolling my eyes.

"She's not that bad at night."

"Her kicks are so strong I feel them against my back!" We laughed and he gave me a lingering kiss. "I love you."

"And I love you; I'll be back before the sun rises. I promise."

"Mhm, just be careful, this is your first time and-"

"Sugar, I'll be fine, I've been training for this." I sighed and nodded, warmth spreading through me as he kissed my cheek. We all watched as Nick settled into the sleigh and called the reindeer, riding off into the night sky.

"Bye daddy!"

"Bye!"

"Bye."

I burst awake, immediately reaching over to Nick who jumped up. "What is it?! Are you alright?!" I didn't even know I was crying until I felt the wetness spread down my jaw. I clutched at Nick's arms. "Are you hurt? What's going on?"

"I-I had a dream."

"A nightmare?"

"No, not at all! It was a good dream."

A look of confusion passed through his eyes. "Then why are you crying?"

I pulled him closer, burying my face in his neck. "Because it was so beautiful, Nick. We had children and-and you were flying off to deliver presents!"

"Sugar, it was just a dream."

"No, it was a sign."

"A sign?"

"Yes."

"What sign?"

"Yes!"

He paused and raised his eyebrows. "The sign? What is it?"

"The dream was the sign! Nick, I'm saying 'yes'"

"Yes? You're saying yes?"

"Yes, I want to marry you. I want to have children with you, and when you ride off into the night, valiantly on that red sleigh for the first time, I will be there, holding our kids' hands as they cheer for you."

"You've thought a lot about this."

"It was the dream," I smiled, smashing my lips to his. He was surprised at first, but quickly responded.

He pulled away, shaking his head. "I don't mind waiting, Winter. You're worth it."

"No, I want this. I want a future with you."

He smiled and kissed me again. He reached over for the ring and slid it on. "And all of the sudden, the stars seem to shine brighter now."