12 Months Later

A/N//:

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
My author gave to me,
Twelve merry months
Elven shining stars,
Ten tap dancing turtles,
Nine precious moments,
Eight winter wonders,
Seven apologies ,
Six elves a packing,
Five Golden Trojans,
Four big words,
Three tiny smiles,
Two pounding hearts,
and One cheater with many regrets

Chapter Twelve-12 Months Later

Awakening in the night to the cries of a hungry newborn was both exhausting and exhilarating at the same time. I made my way to where my son was laying, gently lifting him into my arms to quiet his cries. "Sh, sh, Nathan, Mommy's here now. Are you hungry?" I looked at the bedside clock. "It's about that time, huh?"

"Is he alright?" Nick sat up and rubbed his eyes, stretching.

"Yes, just hungry." I opened my button up night shirt once I had sat down into the wooden rocking chair. Nick was by my side in an instant, stroking his son's dark hair.

"He's so beautiful, Win."

"That he is," I smiled as he began to nurse. Somehow, just watching this natural interaction of a mother and her child, it brought me pride that I was able to feed him myself.

"I'm proud of you."

"I'm proud of us. A lot has happened in the last twelve months."

He smiled and kissed me slowly. "I'm glad you've gone with all my crazy ideas."

I raised my eyebrows. "They haven't all been your's."

"This is true." Silence stretched between us before he spoke again. "When will we try for another?"

"When my vagina isn't torn to bits." I smiled cheekily and giggled as he shook his head.

"Hardy har har." We laughed together, looking in each other's eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too, Nick, so much. I'm so glad I decided to make fantasy a reality, and I couldn't have done it without you." When Nathan had enough, I detached him from my breast and handed him to Nick for him to burp. He threw a towel over his shoulder and gently laid Nate's head in it, bouncing up and down as he patted his son's back. I buttoned up my shirt and watched my handsome husband, suddenly remembering the dream I had 12 months ago that made all of this possible. "Have you ever thought about maybe having a little stubble?"

"On my face?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, on your face."

"I don't know. Would you like me to?"

"I'd like to see what it'd look like on you."

"Well, I'll grow it out a bit then," he smiled. All of the sudden, Nate let out a monstrous burp that triggered laughter from all of us. Nathan looked at his daddy for approval with a smile as big as the belch he just let out. I shook my head and got up, heading for the bed. A few minutes later, Nick tapped my shoulder. "He woke settle down for bed."

I smiled and held out my arms. "That's because you're holding him and he always wants to play when you're holding him." Nick set Nate in my arms, resting his head In the crook of my neck. I stroked his back and sighed, kissing my baby's forehead. Within seconds, I felt his breathing start to even and deepen, signaling he was finally in dream land.

"I'll take him," Nick whispered. I smiled and watched him tuck our boy in, kissing his little forehead. He returned to bed wrapping his arms around me and kissing my lips with passion. "Winter, I have a question."

"What is it, honey?"

"If what happened that night, hadn't have happened, would you have gone back to Ben when he came to you?"

I frowned and sat up, completely caught by surprised at his sudden question and causing his arms to slide off of me. "W-What the hell kind of a question is that? No, I wouldn't have!" I huffed and took a handful of covers before turning around and burying myself in them. Nick sighed and tried to wrap his arms around me again, but I shifted away, grunting.

"Come on, Winter, I was just curious!"

"And I just had your baby! You'd think that I'd be secured in you by now."

"Sugar, I didn't mean it like that. Please, come here, I can't sleep without you in my arms." I could practically feel his puppy eyes and pout from where I was laying. "I love you."

I sighed, "I love you too." He kissed all over my face, causing me to giggle. "Stop, stop! You'll wake up Nathan!" He rolled me over and kissed me, his tongue pushing past my lips to tangle with my own. I moaned and gripped his hair, releasing myself from the cocoon I had myself in. I playfully slapped his arm, pulling us apart. "Go to bed, Mister!"

"Fine, fine, but only if you promise to be in my arms."

I felt my heart melt. "I promise." I snuggled into his arms, kissing his chest and sighing in content. "I love you."

"I love you too, Sugar."

"This has been 12 very merry months, hasn't it?"

He chuckled and nodded. "It definitely has. Much merrier than I thought it could ever be."

"Me too." I felt myself slipping into sleep as I clutched onto my husband. I didn't want to wake and it all be a crazy dream. I didn't want me to open my eyes and feel dried mascara on my cheeks, and look down to see that red nightie. I tried to stay awake as long as possible, but eventually I fell into a dream that was similar to my reality, making fantasy seem closer than ever before.

A/N//:
Thank you so much for reading my Christmas special and I hope you enjoyed it! Check out my other stories and comment if I should do another special next year!

Merry Christmas