Chapter 1: A Strange Incident Reveals a Long Hidden Secret

Nagisa P.O.V

Another day at school past and I get back home exhausted. I shlump on my bed and slowly turn my head to look at the time. 5:30 p.m.... Shit! Mom will be home in 10 minutes! I quickly take off my uniform and rush to open my closet... full of girls clothes... 8 minutes. I pick out randomly a white loose mid-length dress and put it on 5 minutes. I quickly take out my hair elastics and brush my hair until all the knots are gone and my hair silky smooth, 3 minutes left. I quickly downstairs and wait at the door until my mother arrives... 5:40 p.m. I see the door slowly open and my mother steps into the apartment.

"Nagisa hello your mother just came back from a hard day at work so do you mind fetching me some water."

"Of course." I scurry to the kitchen grabbing a glass from the cubert and start pouring water into it. My hands are shaking slightly as I try to calm my nerves, I take a deep breath and place the glass on the kitchen table as she sat herself down. "Nagisa dear come sit next to your mother." I hesitantly sat down next to her and she starts passing her fingers through my hair until she stops suddenly, I turned my head slightly to read her face. Oh no she's about to enter one of her episodes.

Warning following content does contain content that can be triggering envolving abuse readers are advised

"Nagisa dear why is there a knot in your hair?" She asked as her tone almost seemed unstable as she spoke. Oh f**ck I must have missed one, I quickly turn my head back and brace myself. She grabs my arm dragging me off the chair and throwing me hard onto the ground. She proceeds by punching and scratching me with her nails while she's screaming at me how hard it is to provide for me, how I should be more grateful, and the difficulties of being a mother, all while I am apologizing profusely. She stopped, she stared at me as she was panting I was covered in scratches, blood and bruises.

*End*

Suddenly she smiled normally as if nothing had happened and asked me to go upstairs and clean myself off while she would prepare supper. I nod and slowly get up and head upstairs. I go to my room and take of my dress and go to the bathroom to take a shower, as I finish I go to the mirror to carefully examine my wounds and bandaging/treating them accordingly and making sure to clean off the blood from the dress before it stains. This honestly could be one of her worst beatings yet. I go back to my room and pick out a new dress randomly. I hear my cellphone buzz, it's Karma.

"Hey Nagisa."

"Hey Karma, what up?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to sleepover tomorrow since you know my parents are never home?"

"I'm not sure Karma my mom isn't in a very good mood right now and I don't think I'll be able to ask for any favours tonight. Though I'll ask her tomorrow if we can the day after. Sound good with you?"

"Yeah, sounds cool. Guess I'll see you tomorrow at school. Later"

"Bye"

Karma  P.O.V

I put my cell down on my head as I lay there staring at the ceiling. I know Nagisa is hiding something. Honestly he really gets me worried sometimes, that idiot does he even know just how much I care about him? He might be able to fool everyone else but not me, I'm going to get to the bottom of this. After all he's the only true friend I've ever had, *random image of Nagisa pops into his head and blushes slightly only to shake it off*

*The next day*

Nagisa P.O.V

The next day as I head to school I decide to change things out a bit and take a different route than I normally do, it passes next to this old abandoned factory. As I walk next to it I could hear a very large slithering sound getting louder and louder as well as the sound of metal being ran into. Curious I look into the factory and to my utter disbelief I giant snake is slithering towards me. Despite wanting to run I froze unable to move and stood face to face with a giant snake. I could feel my sweat roll down my forehead as it looked at me at an angle with one of it's gigantic eyes. The snake faced me once again only to slowly begin to open it's mouth, I was terrified. Suddenly  I felt a sudden force, forcing me to open my mouth as I looked up at the snake's fangs. All I could see was a large drop of a purplish liquid forming on the fang right above my mouth. I can't move an inch and before I knew it the drop had fallen and entered my mouth, as the same force forced me to swallow. I collapse to the ground as I feel the venom flow through my body and all I could feel was pain. I begin screaming in agony as I clenched my body trying to bear the pain.