🎄Kai X Misaki: Two Hearts Warmer Than Summer

AN: Set in CFV G and in Kai's POV, bon appetit. 😂

• ••

I was never a fan of winter, the cold always bothered me to death. Sometimes, my heaterless apartment would freeze up to the point where I'd have to stay in another place. Right now, that place was Card Capital 1.

“So, your apartment complex doesn't have a heater and that's why your here?” I turned my head to the lilac-haired girl who placed a cup of hot chocolate and snacks in front of me. Misaki sat on the seat facing him and clasped her hands, putting her chin on them.

“Thanks, and yeah. Maybe I should move out and find another apartment that's better than that shitty place.” I cursed. I was expecting that she'd get mad at me or something. However, she didn't scream at me or anything. Instead, she hummed and took a sip of her hot chocolate.

I did so too, and this chocolate tasted heavenly.

“Is it alright for you?” Misaki asked.

“It's really good, is it homemade?”

Misaki smiled, looking away and putting her hair behind her right ear. “I—It is. That's my mother's recipe for homemade hot chocolate.”

I smiled and put my cup down. “You know, you're more feminine than before. You've changed a lot, Tokura.”

“You changed a lot as well, Kai. I'm surprised that Mr. Cold Guy opened up to his friends over the years. I'm happy that has happened.”

I scoffed and looked away from her, feeling flustered all of a sudden. I suddenly felt my heart warm up. I knew my face was red, so I covered half of my face with my hand.

“Ara, I didn't expect you to feel flustered! You really have changed!” She chuckled. Her laugh was angelic, it wasn't like any laugh I had ever heard. I stopped blushing and just stared at her, and I haven't even realized the big smile on my face.

It was like I was in a dream with her.

“I—Is there something wrong, Kai?”

I shook my head.

“No, it was just too entertaining to watch you laugh. Your laugh sounds angelic, by the way.” I complemented her, and just like me she became flustered almost immediately. Once again, she put her hair behind her ears and smiled.

“I—Is that so?”

“You don't have to ask me.”

Silence then came upon us, but it wasn't like an awkward silence or anything. Actually, it was a comfortable silence. It was a silence that both of us enjoyed.

“Hey, Kai? Can—can I ask you something?” She broke the silence, not meeting my eye. I looked at her curiously and observed her. She looked nervous, like she was about to tell me bad news.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Have you, possibly fallen in love before?” I smiled, knowing exactly what to answer. I didn't expect to tell her this way, but I guess I have no choice.

“Yeah, and I've been in love with her for a while.” Misaki looked heartbroken, yet she still forced out a smile.

“I—I see, good luck with her then.” I only grinned as a response. I stood up, surprising the lilac beauty.

“You never asked who, Misaki.” I told her purposely saying her name. She looked shocked to hear me say those words, and I bet she knew what I was going to do. I bent down to her, a smile still on my face.

“And I'm glad to tell you that it's you, Misaki Tokura.”

After saying that, I locked lips with her, sharing a small and sweet kiss.

And in that moment, two hearts were warmer than summer.