thirty eight

ji ae pov

me: HYUNJIN

hyunjin: yes?

me: where are you right now

hyunjin: in the elevator

me: IM ON THE HELLEVATOR

hyunjin: i-

me: ok no time for that

me: is there a possibility that a woman is there with you in that lift?

hyunjin: er yea? why?

me: thats my eomma shes coming over too

hyunjin: WAIT WHAT

me: im sorry i didn't tell you beforehand :(

me: she last minute texted me saying shes coming over

me: and the next thing I know is that she was downstairs already

me: sorry :(

hyunjin: i feel so awkward in this lift now

hyunjin: she just asked me whether i was hyunjin

hyunjin: i nodded my head and then she was like "oh wow you're really handsome"

hyunjin: i thought she was a fan until you told me who she is

hyunjin: jeez its so hot in here

me: damn chill

me: i mean at least now you get to meet my eomma?

hyunjin: i guess so

hyunjin pov
I adjusted myself, making sure I looked a little more presentable for Ji Ae's mom to see. I sighed nervously, hoping the tension would clear off. And also hoping that this elevator would be faster than it is.

I stared at Ji Ae's mom from the corner of my eyes, hoping we wouldn't make eye contact. She was beautiful and elegant just like Ji Ae. I guess now I know where Ji Ae got her looks from.

"You're Ji Ae's boyfriend, aren't you?"

I hummed questionably at the sudden question and turned my head to face her. Before I could process anything she repeated what she asked.

"Oh, yea I am,"

She nodded understandingly, and I smiled awkwardly before facing the front again.

After what felt like forever, the elevator finally opened. I let Ji Ae's mom leave before I did.

It was kind of awkward. I looked like her son awkwardly following her because of not wanting to go wherever she's going.

Before I could do anything, she stopped in her tracks and turned around to look at me questionably.

"Don't need to be so awkward, lets go together,"

She smiled sincerely before continuing to walk to Ji Ae's apartment along with me.

Ji Ae's mom rang the doorbell while I stood of course, awkwardly beside her.

ji ae pov
I nervously bit my nails while waiting for the both of them to reach. Luckily, I already cleaned my apartment the day before so I didn't have to worry about eomma nagging.

The door bell rang a few minutes later as I got off from the couch and walked towards the front door. I opened it and saw eomma and Hyunjin.

I welcomed them in. Eomma instantly gave me a hug before pulling away and walked towards the couch while Hyunjin gave me a peck on the cheek awkwardly since eomma was present.

I mouthed a sorry to Hyunjin before he walked towards the couch too, along with me.

All three of us sat in silence before eomma spoke up.

"So, Hyunjin, how old are you?"

I looked up to Hyunjin who was sitting there like a stick. I tried to loosen him up but I could tell by the look on his face, he was really nervous.

"Uh, I'm 19 years old," (korean age)

"Older than Ji Ae. Thats good,"

Eomma suddenly reached her hand out to the table only to realise there was nothing on the table. She laughed awkwardly before signing me to get a cup of tea for her.

I instantly got up and went to the kitchen.

hyunjin pov
As Ji Ae got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, I couldn't help but to almost break down since Ji Ae was the only source of 'protection' from her eomma.

My knees begin to bounce up and down nervously as I looked down hoping to not make eye contact with her eomma.

"Please take care of her. She may look strong outside but she's more than that. You hurt her, she'll break down instantly,"

I looked up to see her eomma. Her stern eyes staring into mine. Well it wasn't really stern but more to worried.

I nodded my head without hesitation as a smile instantly plastered on Ji Ae's eomma's face.

"Ji Ae-ah, i'm leaving now. You don't need to make the tea," Ji Ae's eomma stood up. I stood up too and bowed.

"What?" Ji Ae walked out of the kitchen with a cup of tea but stopped at her tracks when she saw that her eomma was already gone.

I smiled sheepishly before she shrugged it off and placed the cup of tea on the table.

"I guess you can have it,"

damn this chapter is boring im soz