Chapter 4

Chloe's P.O.V.

"Almost 5:30am. The sun should be coming up soon." Fat Amy says as she checks her watch.

"Okay..." Denise mumbled, almost to herself.

"Hey, let's turn off the lantern. I don't wanna waste the battery." Beca goes and switches off the lantern, and we see the sun start to come up. "Guess we're about to find out what happened."

-------

We all head towards the front of the bus, save for Cynthia Rose, and look out the cracked windshield. As the sun gets higher in the sky, we saw that we are surrounded by trees.

"We'll this isn't that bad. I mean, it's just trees. We can just walk back to the road right?" Aubrey said.

We all turn towards the back of the bus and start to walk towards the back. Once I get there, I notice that it's just Beca and I there. I turn around and everybody stopped halfway.

"What's wrong guys?" I ask.

Stacie points to a seat. I turn towards it and for the first time, I'm met with Jessica's body. Her eyes are open, so she died instantly. Well at least she didn't suffer, I think to myself.

I look at her neck, and I see where its jutted out. It looks so unnatural. She's just laying there, lifeless. Her face is pale, her lips are blue, and her body looks mangled, almost.

"Someone bring me a jacket." I mutter.

Denise throws me her Bella's jacket and I splay it over Jess's body, covering her face. My eyes linger on Jess, before I turn towards Beca. Her face looks contorted into a look of pain.

"She was our friend, y'know? I mean, I guess I thought that if this whole thing happened, my friends would live through it. That I would be able to protect everyone." Beca whispers.

I look into her gray-blue eyes before whispering back, "Bec, there's nothing you could have done. Look," I point out the back window, "we flipped down that hill. The bus flipped by itself. You didn't do anything."

"I guess."

"Come on." I take her arm, and pull her towards everyone in the bus. "Okay, guys, we can't get back to the road. It's up a hill and Cynthia Rose can't walk, so we are stuck here."

"What? No! What about our cell phones?" Aubrey asked.

"Oh, do you have a magic cell phone that has service in this desolate area?" Beca snaps back. "we don't need service for 911, dumbass. Fine. Call 911. Have fun getting through."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You think that zombie we encountered was the only one? Especially six or seven hours later, you think there was only one?"

"Shut up, Beca, it wasn't a zombie."

"Call 911 and find out then."

Aubrey takes out her phone and dials 911. Her face goes from confused to panic-stricken in less than five seconds. "It's busy..."

"Told you."

"So what do we do?"

"We need to get a grip of our surroundings. I'll go take a look around, but I can't go alone."

"I'll go." I say. "I have med training in case you fall or something."

"No, you should stay here and watch Cynthia Rose."

"I wanna go." Stacie says from out of the blue. "I don't want to be in this bus anymore."

"Fine, Stacie and I will go. Anyone else?" Lily raises her hand.