Chapter 14

"I'm not waking her up, you should have seen what she did to Aubrey," Chloe muttered to Stacie as they stood inside the room debating on how to wake Beca and Aubrey up.

"Maybe we should wake Aubrey up first, and then kind of jump on Beca so she won't be able to move?" Stacie asks.

"It could work…"

The two girls silently walk over to Aubrey and wake her up. She looks around for a minute, remembering where she is. Her senses are alert and she's up and ready in about five seconds.

"So, we are gonna jump on her so she doesn't kick our ass like she did yours. Sound good?" Chloe asks Aubrey, only to be answered with a grunt and crossed arms.

The girls walked slowly towards Beca, and were about ready to pounce when Beca flipped over and tackled Chloe to the ground. "You guys really need to be quieter when plotting my awakening." Beca pressed a small, chaste kiss onto Chloe's lips and lifted herself up, bringing her girlfriend up with her. She looks to Stacie. "May I ask why it is you are waking me up?"

Stacie looks to Aubrey and then wordlessly pulls Beca out of the room and into the hallway. "There are people coming. They're going to be looking for us and we need to get out of here and head back to Georgia. Now."

Beca's expression darkens and turns almost expressionless as she nods. "Is Chloe telling Aubrey?" Stacie nods. "Alright, what do we have to work with?"

Stacie grins like the devil and pulls Beca downstairs to the now-empty household, and then out of the front door where she sees the blue crossover electric car and the rest of the Bellas packing up the gear. The taller brunette leads her best friend to the trunk of the blue crossover and unzips the duffel bags, letting Beca rifle through all of the bags.

"Where did you get these?" she asks as she holds up a pistol, checking the magazine.

Stacie shuffles her feet for a second before answering, "We found a gun shop… And we might have taken most of the guns… And there might have been armed men going to the gun shop…"

"Seriously? You stole a gun shop from people?" Stacie nods again. "Nice!" Beca holds her hand up for a high five, Stacie hesitantly returns it.

"So you're not mad?"

Beca shrugs and says, "Better for us to have these than them."

"I suppose… So which way should we go?"

"Well, do you know where their camp is?"

Stacie thinks for a while, remembering the bullet through the window. She looks towards the west and points. "I think it was that way."

"Well, we can just head out east towards the coast and then head south," Beca says, "and hopefully we don't run into problems. Did you happen to get a map?"

"Oh!" Stacie steps around to the passenger side of the blue car. "Donald found this in between the seats." She reaches into the car and pulls out an atlas of the United States, then hands it to Beca.

The smaller girl opens up the atlas to the North Carolina section. She flips through it until she finds the southern portion. "You said we are here right?" she points to Elizabethtown.

"Yeah."

Beca sighs, "Okay, since we are in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, we might have to drive through the town. Chances are, they will be looking to the east for us, so maybe if we take the 701 into town and then get on 87, we'll be on the highway and maybe avoid people since they are most likely camping in rural areas."

"So, you're pretty much wanting to take a road trip?"

"Exactly. People who drive on the highway in this situation are too stupid to take a whole gun store."