Chapter 13

The night went on with Stacie making sexual remarks as Aubrey blushed. Beca was being unusually clingy with Chloe, though, which worried the other three Bellas. Chloe looked at Aubrey, who looked at Stacie and they all made a silent agreement.

"Hey, uh, we are going to go doze in the living room," Aubrey says, suddenly standing up, pulling her girlfriend along with her.

"Mkay," Beca responds, putting her head on her girl's shoulder.

Chloe turns her body slightly and lifts the brunette's head and kisses her lips gently, "What's wrong, baby?" Beca looks into her love's eyes, and Chloe can see the fear hiding inside of them. The redhead cups her girlfriend's cheek as Beca tries to look away, "Baby, please tell me, what happened?"

"I could hear you," Beca mumbles.

"What?"

"When I was… Asleep. I could hear you. I couldn't find you, and I felt like I kept trying to scream for you, but I couldn't move. I could feel myself sinking… I… I could see myself laying on the couch… I saw you in the kitchen, and I… I don't know what happened, but I flew off the couch, and I saw you." By the end, Beca has tears running down her cheeks, and Chloe wipes them away with the pads of her thumb. Beca takes ahold of Chloe's hands, gripping them tightly. "I almost left you."

Chloe pulls Beca onto her lap; she wraps her hands around her girlfriend's waist and pulls her body closer, resting their foreheads together.

"But you didn't," Chloe says just before she connects their lips in a small kiss.

"I have to tell you something," Beca mutters against Chloe's lips. Chloe nods for her to continue. "I knew this was coming… The infected."

Chloe pulls away so fast, she almost knocked the chair and both of them backwards. "What are you talking about?" The redhead hisses slash yells.

Beca strokes her girlfriend's sides to get her to relax, and luckily, she relaxed slightly. "Jessica and I were keeping tabs… We saw that China had a break out in a "mystery disease" and we found footage of this disease. It was a crappy cell phone video, but it showed those things. Jess and I knew it was only a matter of time, so we packed bags. Mine is still at Barden, just in case we lost one bag, we still had the other.

"Then we used the time we had to practice with weapons. I knew I wouldn't be needing it, so I used my trust fund to by a couple guns and throwing knives, but those are at Barden as well. Jess was better with guns; she could never throw knives.

"Me on the other hand, my mom taught me. I don't know why, but whenever we could, she would take me to this place, and she taught me how to throw knives. All kinds. Needless to say, I'm better with knives than guns, but I've had a lot of practice. I knew I couldn't leave you because I need to protect you. All I want now, is to just spend every moment with you until life catches up," With that last word, Beca surges forward and captures Chloe's lips with her own.

Chloe gasps in shock, and Beca takes that moment to push her tongue out slowly to meet Chloe's; they both moan at the contact. The redhead's hands grip Beca's sides and slide them under her shirt, stroking her waist. The brunette moans into Chloe's mouth and tangles her hands into the fiery red hair of her girlfriend. Their tongues battle for dominance, and Chloe's hand slide further north. Beca's hands travel to the front of Chloe's chest, but the redhead pulls back quickly.

"Beca, we can't," Chloe mutters against Beca's lips, "Not here."

Beca nods and shifts off of Chloe's lap as they both control their breathing. The two girls look towards the window and see that it's still dark outside, so they head into the living room where they are greeted with the lovey sight of Aubrey pretty much dry humping Stacie on the couch.