Chapter 6

Chloe's P.O.V.

We drag Jess's body down towards the hill, and then running for the treeline. I see Beca look back and then so do I. And the last thing I see before entering the woods was Jess's body being torn apart. All of the sudden, Beca stops running, and she bends over.

"What... What are you doing? We have to run!" I whisper towards her.

She holds up a finger, shushing be before playing with something on the ground. I look behind us and I see a couple of the things walking slowly towards us.

"Bec, they're coming!"

She looks up at me and then back down. I look over and notice they've gotten about 10 feet closer, leaving only 15 feet between us and them. All of the sudden, Beca jumps up and starts running in a new direction.

"Where are we going?" I pant as we run.

"I tracked their footprints." Beca simply states. "Look there they are." She points ahead of us and I see the outline of some of the girls. All of the sudden, I stop, pulling Beca's arm.

"Beca, I need to talk to you."

"Can it wait until we get over to the girls?" Beca starts to walk towards them, but I grab her arm and pull her back.

"No, I, uhm, I need to tell you something." I look down at the ground and back up to her mysterious eyes.

"Oh, okay, Chlo. You can tell me, but I have to say something too." Beca turns her attention fully toward me and gets a little closer, less than a foot between us, as if we are discussing a secret. Well, I mean it is a secret...

"Uh, you first?" I say, my nerves catching up to me.

"Erm, okay. So, you know we've been really good friends for awhile," Beca grabs my other hand, "and you saw me naked so.."

I grin up at her, "I think I know what you're trying to say.."

"You do?"

"Yeah-huh." Beca and I get a little closer and she wraps her arms around my neck, and I wrap my arms around her waist. She pulls me down a little bit and I can just barely feel her breath against my skin.

"Beca! Chloe! Where are you?" Fat Amy yells from the distance.

We immediately break apart from each other and I yell, "We're here!" We both walk up to the group and Aubrey and I share a look.

She comes over to me giving me a hug. "Did you do it?" She whispers. I pull Aubrey aside, slightly away from the group.

"I was about to. Well, I mean, Beca was about m to say something and we almost kissed, but then Fat Amy had to call out to us and ruin everything."

"Oh.." Aubrey tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "It'll happen."

"Yeah, I know. But now that Beca knows, you know you'll have to tell Stacie." I say, smirking.

"I know. I'll tell her soon. I promise." Bree says back to We give each other a heartfelt hug and when we let go, I look over at Beca, who's quirking an eyebrow at Bree and I.

I send a wink over to her and her face flushes a bright red before I hear her call out, "All right guys, the town is just a little bit over that way. Let's see if we can find a place to stay. Everyone sticks together, no splitting up. We've seen enough horror move to know that." Everyone walks off, a little behind Beca while I catch up to her.

Looking back, I see that all of the girls are about seven to ten feet behind us, due to Cynthia Rose, so I look over to Beca and say, "So, erm, about earlier..."