Chapter 5

Beca's P.O.V

"Are we all set guys?" I ask. The two of them nod. "Okay, Fat Amy, give me your watch, we'll be back in thirty minutes."

Fat Amy gives me her watch and I take a deep breath before saying, "Okay, open the door."

--------

The three of us slowly creep down the steps and onto the leaf littered ground before hearing the door quietly close. I take a look around and see that the bus apparently knocked over some trees on the way down. I look up at the hill the bus came down and see that it's definitely rocky, but the three of us should be able to make it up the hill.

I point up towards the road and say, "Do you think we can make it up there, guys?"

Stacie and Lilly follow my finger and Stacie says, "Yeah, I can make it. Lilly?"

We both look at Lilly, and she says, "I've killed rock climbers before." Without another word, Lilly stalks past us toward the hill. Both Stacie and I look at each other, shrugging before following Lilly.

We get to the base of the hill and it's then we notice how big it is. It looks like a 50-foot climb, and although it's not a 90 degree angle, it's still scary to look at.

"Now, remember guys, no loud noises. Go very slow. We don't know what's at the top yet, okay?" They both nod. "Okay, I'm going to go up first, then Stacie, and Lilly you bring up the back and make sure Stace doesn't fall. We can rest about halfway up."

I turn and look around for a nice hand-hold and foot-hold. "Want a boost, shorty?" I hear Stacie say from behind me.

"That would be very beneficial." I respond in a very bad English accent. Just 'cause its a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean my sense of humor has to die, I think.

Stacie turns her back to the wall, bends her legs, and nets her fingers together. "Ready." I lift my leg up, and step into her hand before she hoists me up so I can get a good grip on the ledge, before I help her hoist my feet above her head.

"You're so light. Okay, Lilly your turn." But before Stacie had a chance to get herself situated, Lilly had basically run up the rock and pulled herself up. "Well then..." Stacie mutters before using her height to hoist herself up.

We continue to climb up the rocks little by little. Stacie having to boost me sometimes, while Lilly kung-fu-ed her way up, until we come to the half way point

"Okay, let's take a little break." I announce before sitting on a little rock.

I look over and notice that Lilly is doing her tai chi thing again, and Stacie starts to walk towards me to sit next to me. After about one minute, Stacie speaks up, "So, are you okay?"

I look over at her, confusion clearly written on my face. "Well, my head feels better, but other than that, yeah. Why?"

Stacie looks down, "Erm, I, erm, I meant about Jesse..."

Realization dawned on me as I had completely forgotten about what happened to Jesse.

"Erm, yeah. Yeah, I'm okay."

"Why'd you kiss him, Bec?" Stacie asks, out of the blue.

"I, erm, what?"

"Look, Beca, it's so clear that you have feelings for Chloe. So why'd you kiss him, if you're in love with her?"

I look at her flabbergasted, "Is this an

appropriate time for this conversation?"

"We are away from Chloe, and we may not get to have this talk again. Beca, you need to tell her before it's too late."