Runaway

What's up wattpadders??!! How was everyone's day?

I read a book last night on here called "The billion dollar girl." Any who, this book hasn't been updated since December 6, 2011. So I was thinking of finishing it for Racingheart. Its an amazing book that should be finished. Although I'm not sure if i will do it. Idk. Let me know what you think I should do....

I'm going to start making a 'song of the day'. It may have nothing to do with the chapter per say, but just a song to put up with it.

So today's song is Remember Everything by Five Finger Death Punch

Runaway

Kendra's POV

I waited until I knew Carlos was inside the main house before shoving the rest of my clothes on. Wasn't there a saying that unexpected sex was the best? Well, let me tell you. I have had unexpected sex before today, and Carlos blew me out of the water. Hell I wasn't even on Earth anymore. Which made what I was about to do ten times harder.

From that first time I saw him, he was always on my mind. I dreamt about him, accidentally said his name when talking to someone, I even went back to that grocery store in hopes to see him again. Nothing I did would get him off my mind.

So here I was. Standing in his place, dating him, and running. I was falling for him, and falling for him hard. The only reason I could see that he wanted to be with me was to protect me. If I didn't leave soon, he could break my heart. Lord knows Bobby did that enough for all men. Bobby had used me, played me like a damn fiddle, and then laughed in my face when I caught him in bed with my sister. The only thing that made that situation better was knowing, at the time, I had been carrying his child. He ,of course, knew nothing about it.

When all that happened, my family had been living in Atlanta. So when I told my dad about what happened, he gave me an out. For some unknown reason, my dads dream had always been to run a coffee shop. So, when I came to him, still a junior in high school, and told him I was pregnant and what Bobby had done, we packed up and left.

Since my sister had already graduated high school and was in college, we didn't have any reason to stay. My mom? Well that slut jumped ship when I was 10 for her partner at the law firm she worked at. I hadn't talked to her or seen her for 16 years, not that I'm complaining.

So anyway, my dad and I packed up and came to California and had been here ever since. I ended up not being able to go through with an abortion, so I gave up my baby girl for adoption instead. I still see her from time to time. Her name is Crystal Lenora Sanchez. The adopted parents, Steve and Beth, had allowed me to still be apart of her life, which I was grateful for. Crystal is 9 years old now, and looked just like Bobby. With curly brown hair, and deep brown eyes, she was beautiful.

Nobody but me, my dad, and Beth and Steve, knew about Crystal. Kelly, my sister, and Bobby had no clue. The two were currently probably in Aspen, or some fancy place, laughing it up being a happy married couple. The two disgusted me.

When dads shop started going down hill, I had suggested bringing Kelly in to fix it up. He adamantly refused. He didn't talk to me for a week after that. Now though, his shop was really failing. I loved my father to death, but I couldn't bare to see his dream crumble. Dreams, and hopes are what keeps people getting up every morning.

I however, didn't have any hopes or dreams. Well, that was until Carlos came around. He had told me everything about his past, and how he was wanting to be free. When he asked me to be his girlfriend, I was ecstatic. Now, I was feeling stupid. I felt used again. Granted yes, I was the one to start everything, but I thought he would stop. I had been wrong. Don't get me wrong. If given the choice, I would be jumping back into bed with him, instead of running away.