Chapter 1

First things first.  I don't know where this story is going.  That description before you came here?  Yeah, that's all pulled out of my rear end.  It will probably change.  If you have comments on what you think should happen, leave them below!  I usually don't do what's expected so I can't garuntee that I'll use your idea, but, hey, it's worth a shot isn't it? 

Well that's all for now.  Enjoy.  Vote, comment, fan, and all that jazz should you want to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The incessant blaring of his alarm clock finally drove Rory to pull himself out of bed to shut it off. He yawned and reached up in an invigorating stretch. He sluggishly moved about his room with the lights off, grabbing some clothes. And so his morning routine had commenced.

Twenty minutes later, he was clean, dressed, and relatively awake standing by the toaster. His mom buzzed into the kitchen with coffee in one hand. “Good morning, Monster,” she exclaimed. “Coffee’s in the pot. Looks like you need some today.” Rory grunted a response. “See you tonight. Lasagna for dinner.” The door shut. The toaster popped. He poured some coffee in a thermal mug and set out himself.

As he pulled up to her house, Olivia bounded down her front steps. She pulled herself into the car and kissed Rory on the cheek as she pulled the door shut. “Good morning,” she sang, sitting back and buckling her seat belt. “I had the best dream last night, but it will probably distract you all day if I tell you about it right now so you should probably call me after you finish homework tonight. I can’t wait to tell you about it. How did you sleep?”

Rory blinked at her a few times before grabbing his coffee. “This is coffee. It isn’t in my system yet, and I didn’t process a thing that just happened.” He took a sip, keeping his eyes on her the whole time. She rolled her eyes, but grinned despite herself. “I slept well. Don’t expect more out of me right now.” He leaned over and kissed her quickly. He backed out of her driveway and started driving to school.

By the time they pulled into the parking lot, Olivia was back to chattering away and Rory had downed half his coffee. He parked in the closest parking spot he could find that wasn’t for faculty, turned off the car, and put his hand over Olivia’s mouth. He made a shushing noise. “Olivia, it is morning. Just shut up for a while. I don’t hear anything you’re saying when I’m like this anyway. Okay?” He got out of the car without waiting to hear the answer or see if she was following him. He knew she would. She practically worshipped him. He heard the door shut a few seconds later and pressed the lock button on the remote.

“Rory!”

Rory’s head swiveled around, locating the source of the voice. “Gavin, hey. What’s up?” Gavin and the rest of the guys standing in the front courtyard of the school were all staring at him oddly, and they’d grown silent as soon as he walked over to them.

“Hey, man, we’ve got something to tell you,” another one of the guys, Drew, muttered. “And you probably won’t like it.” Nobody made eye contact with him.

“I swear, if one of you guys got caught drinking again, you’d better run,” Rory replied threateningly. He glanced at Olivia. She walked behind the guys with her arms crossed, obviously angry. Rory ran a hand through his already disheveled hair and sighed. “Just tell me later. I pissed Olivia off.”

“Rory…”

“Tell me later,” he called, walking quickly to catch up with Olivia. When he was just a step behind her, he reached out and grabbed her arm gently. “Liv?”

She turned around to face him, eyes wary. She knew she would forgive him. It wasn’t the first time he’d told her to shut up, but she looked at him and just melted every time. “What?” she asked, trying to sound annoyed.