❄️ {One

{{Picture above and on cover is their castle}}

Lloyd felt himself melting into Morro's warmth. While he may be a ruler to an entire kingdom, he was always his king at the end of the day.

Morro easily soothed Lloyd to sleep. He had an eye for musical talent that worked like a charm.

To Lloyd, his hums sounded like they belonged to an angel. He was Lloyd's angel. Light seemed to emit from his body at all times; he was perfect.

Lloyd moved his hand around until he found Morro's. Morro opened his eyes and spoke into Lloyd's hair, "Are you alright?"

Lloyd nodded, "I wanted to hold your hand."

Morro smiled. "You're so sweet. Go to sleep."

"Mm." Lloyd smiled and buried his face deeper into Morro's chest.

Not long after that, Lloyd fell asleep to Morro's soft humming, warm, comforted, and safe.

Though he woke up cold. He sat up and looked around, but he didn't see Morro at all. He instantly got worried. Morro never left bed without him.

Lloyd got up to search. That didn't take much time. He heard many people talking all at once as soon as he opened the door. "Hm?"

He started down the hall and then saw the large group of people with worried expressions. He noticed Morro in the middle of it, reassuring the first row.

"What's going on?" Lloyd asked.

The crowd fell silent.

Morro stood up on his toes and looked over them all at Lloyd. "Lloyd. We have to talk. I'm afraid I have bad news."

"Bad...News?" Lloyd questioned.

Morro made a hand motion to send off the crowd. They all walked off in their own directions. Morro approached Lloyd and put his hands on his shoulders.

"What is it?" Lloyd asked.

Morro had a grim expression. "I'm going to be leaving."

"What? Where? Why?"

"The war."

"What about the war?"

"The men need a leader. That leader is me. I have to go. And I can't guarantee we'll win. I can't guarantee I'll come back."

Lloyd shook his head. "Don't go!"

Morro closed his eyes and dropped his hands to his sides. "Somewhere, I'll see you again soon."

Lloyd started to cry. What he was saying made it sound like he most definitely wasn't coming home.

Morro stepped away. He needed to leave before it was too late. The journey was long and dangerous.

He turned, but looked back at Lloyd once. "I love you."