Epilogue

Epilogue:

SAVANNAH

498-177: Hey

444-576: hey

498-177: Did you enjoy your adventures in London?

444-576: I did actually, loads of adventuring was done

498-177: so...

444-576: We didn't meet, did we?

498-177: haha, no, guess not

444-576: I think it was for the best

498-177: why's that?

444-576: I ended up mixing you up with another girl

498-177: Wow, really?

444-576: Sorry

498-177: Haha it's completely fine. I actually ended up mixing you up with another guy

444-576: how ironic hahah

498-177: yeah, definitely

444-576: Did everything work out okay for you?

498-177: yes, mostly definitely. I mean, everything works out in the end right?

444-576: I agree. I guess it was fate.

I hurry down the streets of New York, my scarf wrapped tightly around my neck and my coat keeping my shivering body warm. God, it is so cold. And it doesn't help that all I'm wearing underneath my sweats is my leotard and tights.

I overslept that morning, still jetlagged and my thoughts always wandering to Harry. At 2AM, my thoughts always drifted to Harry.

Despite our goodbyes and what we had said to each other at the airport the day I left, I always think about him even though I know it's pointless. There is an ocean between us and our careers stapling us to where we were.

It doesn't change my feelings though. Even months later.

I sigh as I make my way inside the studio, basking in its warmth. I can hear the music playing in the room a few doors down. Even though I'm late, I'm sure Miss Maryanne won't mind too much. Well, I'm hoping as much. It's only my fourth class.

I change quickly and enter the studio.

Miss Maryanne greets me at the front of the room, with the other dancers already warming up behind her.

Bracing myself for the worst, I rack my brain for decent excuses.

"Miss Hill, you're late."

"I'm really sorry, Miss Maryanne, I-"

"I don't want to hear it." She cuts in curtly. "Find a spot and start warming up."

I nod and hurry to find a spot in the back. Miss Maryanne runs through the warm-ups with us, correcting us ruthlessly.

It's intense to put it in the least.

Nonstop work, nonstop yelling from Miss Maryanne.

"Is this how it's always going to be?" I whisper to my neighbor.

A girl whose name I think is Quinn grins and whispers to me, "Welcome to Julliard."

I can't help but smile back.

--

Later that day, I go out to have a cup of coffee with the rest of the Julliard girls. It feels amazing to belong. Well, honestly, it simply feels amazing being here, in New York.