She's Bit

Kim POV

"We're going...?"  I guess my voice seemed a little hesitant, because Cindy raised her voice a little.

"What choice do we have!?"  I flinched, and raised my hands.

"N-no, I mean, I agree we need to go get them, but..."  I turned my head to look at the kids.  They were running around the small clearing, seeming to be playing tag.  "What about them...?  They won't hurt them, but that doesn't mean they can't try to take them."  Zero looked at them as well.

"We have no choice."  He sighed.  "We can't just leave them alone out here.  It's too dangerous."  I sighed and nodded, looking back at them.

"Yeah...but, Cindy?"  I turned to her.  "Do you remember how to get back to the kingdom?"  Cindy nodded.

"I mean, I kind of do...if we're in the general area, I will know how to get there...."  Zero sighed.

"So...we're gonna have to find someone who does know how to get there..."  Cindy smiled wryly.

"Yeah, good luck with that."  Suddenly, Fae's scream was heard.

"FAE!"

Fae POV

Me and Damien got bored, so we started playing tag.  It was my turn to be it, and I was really close to the trees, when something grabbed my leg.  I was pulled to the ground and screamed, dropping the dagger.  "Fae!"  I heard everyone scream my name.  Damien tried to push the walker off me, but it just swiped at him before turning back to me.  I had to use one arm to keep him away, and use my other to reach for the dagger.  As I turned my head towards the dagger, like it would help, I saw the adults running towards me.  Finally, my fingertips touched the dagger and I was able to pull it into reach before stabbing it into the eye of the walker.  It worked, but it was stuck, and I was horrified.  Suddenly, Zero pulled the walker off me, and Kim pulled me into her arms and they both looked over me as Cindy looked over Damien.

"Fae!  Are you alright?"  Kim asked me, but I just snuggled into her shirt.  Zero looked at kim and they both sighed.  "Hey, it'll be alright...I'm here, we're all here."  Then, Zero's eyes widened as he looked at the woods.

"Oh for fuck's sake..." Cindy and Kim glared at him at the same time.

"Not in front of the kids!"  Zero sighed.

"Sorry!  But, we really can't catch a break!  Look!"  He pointed, and all of us looked to see a herd of walkers coming towards us from the woods, and they looked looked towards the direction they had come from, and walkers were coming from there too.  There were walkers coming from every direction.

"Great..."  Kim sighed.  We all pressed together, weapons out, Kim holding me close to her side, Cindy holding Damien close to hers.  "Do you still have that dagger Zero gave you?"  I looked down.

"N-no...it got stuck in that walker that tried to grab me...I'm sorry..." She made a 'hm' sound, and pulled out her own dagger, handing it to me. 

"Keep it.  Try not to lose it, ok?"  I nodded.  I looked over at Cindy, and she also gave Damien her knife.  And we prepared for the onslaught of walkers headed our way.  They were able to hold them off for a little, but they were closing in fast.  Suddenly, one of them got close, and grabbed me, and I screamed.  It almost bit me, but...  "Fae!"  Kim wrapped her arm around me and pulled me back, and...she was the one to get bit...  She cried out, but put the barrel of her gun to it's head and shot.

"K-Kim!  I-I'm sorry!  I'm sorry!  I'm s-"  Kim patted me on the head.

"It's not your fault, ok, kid?"  She smiled at me.  "Now focus."  Now that we were up close, we were all eventually covered in their blood, and something unexpected happened.  One managed to grab Damien, but it looked him over, and walked away.