Ally's or Enemies?

Alright, just a heads up, I decided to make this happen a year after the start, so I changed up the first chapter for her to be 7, so she can be eight in the rest of this story including this chapter.  It also leaves time for more stuff to have happened to the characters before they met Fae, allowing some of them to be the way they're supposed to be.  Oh, also, expect an update every other Saturday.  Anyways, continue.

Fae POV

I woke up, slightly shifting, when I felt something warm shift with my body.  I blinked over and over, until my eyes adjusted to what seemed to be firelight coming from a camp fire.  I rubbed my head and felt a bandage where I had hit it.  I then noticed my small figure was covered in a jacket.  I slowly sat up, when I heard a calm, deep, somehow comforting voice.  "Well, hello Sleeping Beauty."  I yelped, noticing a tall, tan, muscular man with deep, gray eyes and short dark brown hair.  "Relax, if I wanted to do something I already would have.  Besides, you're just a little girl.  You look no older than 7, maybe 8, how could I do anything?"  I sat up.  "Oh, well, I'm eight."  I bounded up to the man and handed him his jacket.  "Thank you, mister."  I tried to hug him, but he moved away to tend to the fire.  "Yep, whatever.  Like I said, very young."  I shifted on my feet awkwardly.  "U-um...so, what's your name, mister?"  He answered without taking his eyes off the fire.  "Zero.  Zero White."  I smiled.  "O-oh!  I'm Fae Lee!"  He nodded.  "It's still pretty dark outside, we should wait a few more hours before we leave."  He seemed to be talking more to himself than me.  "Hey, little girl!"  Did he already forget my name already?  "I told you my name's Fae..."  He sighed.  "Fine.  Fae.  Where's your parents?"  I looked a down, the floor suddenly becoming extremely interesting.  "I, uh, grew up without a dad..."  He still didn't look at me.  "What about your mother?"  Tears welled up in my eyes.  "S-she...  She...  I think she's gone..."  He finally looked at me.  "Oh...I see... I'm, uh, I'm sorry.  I also lost someone very important to me."  I tried to wipe my tears away, but they kept on coming.  "A-are you going to leave me on my own?"  He looked at me like I was mad.  "No!  Why would I leave a little girl to fend for herself.  Once again, we'll wait a few hours, then go back to my group.  Just don't expect me to be constantly looking out for you.  You aren't my responsibility."  I nodded, still crying.  "O-okay."  I wiped my tears away.   "O-ok..."  After that, I kinda forced him to talk to me until we left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um, Mister Zero...?"  I asked quietly.  He made a 'Hm?' sound.  "Are they going to be nice?"  He sighed.  "If you're wondering if they'll let you stay, then yes, you'll be fine.  We aren't monsters."  After that we came across a small clearing with some tents scattered here and there, a campfire in the middle, and people.  "We're almost always on the move."  He started walking, and I followed hiding behind him.  He walked up to a woman and a kid.  The woman had dark brown eyes, and reddish brown hair.  She was fairly pale and tall, and was covered in freckles.  She looked to be around thirty.  She was wearing a jacket, a black tank top like thing that stops above her waist, grayish jeans, black combat boots, and had a katana on her back.  The boy looked to be about 10, and tall.  He had dark brown eyes like the woman, and dark brown hair with a red tint going down to his shoulders, and had freckles over his nose.  He was wearing a sleeveless gray vest, and gray and black jeans.  "Hey, Cindy?"  She looked up.  "Hi, Zero.  Do you need something?"  He nodded.  "Have you seen Daniel?"  She thought for a moment.  "He's out hunting, but he should be back soon.  Why?"  He stepped aside.  "This is why."  I froze.  "U-u-um..  Hi...?"  She looked up at Zero.  "Her name's Fae.  Found her running away from the walkers.  She hit her head, fell unconscious and fell into the lake.  She's only about two years younger than Damien over here, so I couldn't leave her."  She was shocked.  "Oh my, are you OK?  I just nodded, not talking yet.  She smiled.  "Well, my name is Cindy.  That boy over there is Damien, my son.  The Daniel guy we were talking about is my husband.  I'm sure Zero will introduce you to everyone else, right?"  He sighed.  "Yeah, yeah, whatever, c'mon kid."  I flinched, and was about to follow, when a hand touched my arm.  I looked up to see Cindy.  "Hey, Fae, don't worry about him sweetheart.  He's not as mean as he seems.  He's just been through... a lot.  He's lost more than all of us.  He's trying to keep you and everyone at a distance to protect himself.  He does care, he's just being careful."  I nodded.  "Now go and catch up with him before he becomes impatient.  You can play with Damien after, OK?"  I nodded, and ran to Zero.  I also now knew what they called the monsters.  We came to a man sitting by the pond fishing, who looked about a year older than Zero. He had forest green eyes, blonde hair, he was slightly tan, and short.  He was wearing a gray long sleeved shirt with ripped jeans.  Beside him was a dagger and sniper rifle.  He looked up.  "Hey Zero.  Who's the kid?"  I smiled.  "I'm Fae!"  He smiled back.  "I'm Gray.  You're pretty young, how'd you make it this far?"  Now this was getting annoying.  "I'm eight.  And I survived because my mom protected me and didn't leave the house until she..."  I heard a new voice.  "Oh, that must be rough..."  I looked over to see a girl who looked to be about 18.  She had pretty, baby blue eyes, and long, light brown hair in a high ponytail.  She was slightly above average in height, and was pale.  She was wearing a white t-shirt with blue jeans with a few patches sown on, brown boots, a blue, green, and white plaid shirt around her waist, a pair of headphones around her neck, along with an illuminati necklace.  she had two pistols in holsters and dagger.  "I'm Kim, are you ok?"  I looked up at her.  "You want me to be honest?"  She nodded.  "No."  She smiled softly.  "Well, I promise that you will be again, one day."  I nodded.  Once I was standing once again, Zero spoke.  "Ok, and you see that guy walking over there?"  He pointed to a short man with brown skin, black hair, and gray eyes, but unlike Zero's silver-gray ones, this guys were kinda dull.  He was wearing a black jacket and blackish gray jeans.  "Yeah?"  He waved at the man.  "He's our doctor.  His name is Cody."  The man called Cody turned, gave us a friendly smile, waved, and went on his way.  Zero led me back to Cindy and Damien, and was about to speak when, "Who's the kid?"  I froze.  "And, he's back..."  Was all Zero said.