Sick

A sneeze could be heard around the whole NCT dorm. The others shook their heads as they pitied Haechan, who is sick, as they mind their own things.

Haechan couldn't even stand up because of his high fever. Taeyong and Taeil would occasionally go up to his room to give him his food and medicine while Kun will change the towel on his forehead once it gets hot.

Haechan is sad. He's sad because he got into a fight recently with Mark before he got sick. He suddenly remembered the times when he was sick and Mark was the one who took care of him. But now, his hyungs will do it.

Mark changed rooms with Doyoung after they fought and the younger was devastated. He never knew that he made Mark really angry. It's accidental. Haechan accidentally tripped while he was holding a glass of water for Mark but all the water went on the lyrics Mark have been making.

It made Mark's blood boil and he almost turned red because of that. Because of that, he said bad things about the younger.

"Haechan-ah, here's your medicine," Taeil called out to him.

He slowly sat up as he was getting dizzy every time he moves. He leaned his back on the headrest with a pillow on his back and on his lap.

If you could see his condition, he looked really pale. He's so thin like he hasn't eaten for years. Dark eye bags underneath his eyes.

Taeil put the tray on Haechan's bedside table, getting the medicine and water from it, giving it to the younger.

Haechan got the medicine with shaking hands. Taeil is worried. He doesn't even know if it is still fever, or did it get worse.

Haechan drank the medicine and water with the help of his Taeil hyung. Once he finished, Haechan just looked around.

"Hyung." He spoke. His voice was dry and hoarse as he didn't speak up for days after the fight.

The older only mumbled as response as he looked at the younger.

"Am I annoying? Am I a brat? Should I just be quiet and be a good dongsaeng to hyungs?"

Haechan fired questions at Taeil which made him shocked. Haechan never asks him questions like that as he really admired the younger.

"No, you're not Haechan-ah. What made you say that?" Taeil asked holding the younger's pale, cold hands.

"Nothing. It's just that, Mark hyung have said those things to me when I accidentally tripped and spilled the water that was supposed to be for him on the paper with lyrics he's been working on for so long."

Taeil was shocked to hear the younger's confession about their fight. He squeezed the younger's hand as he saw tears forming on his eyes.

"I'm sure he just got mad because he's been working on it for so long. I'm sure that he'll say sorry to you after some time."

Taeil tried his best to comfort the younger.

"Oh look, it's time for you to sleep Haechan-ah. Please get well soon because we still have practice tomorrow." Taeil assisted Haechan to lay down on his bed before saying his goodbye, standing up, getting the tray and leaving the room.

Once left, Haechan finally let his tears run down his face. The tears that he's been preventing to fall earlier are now released rushing down his face.

He decided to go to sleep and hope to get well soon.

●~●~●~●

He woke up feeling a little better. He sat up and immediately regretted it once his sight blackened for a while. Once he got his sight back, he slowly stood up and went to the shared bathroom in their room. He took a quick refreshing shower before wearing comfortable clothes. A shirt, pants and black hoodie. He saw Doyoung woke up also.