Chapter 4

As a little child, I would play with your Barbies. 

They would fall in love, gain friendships and have weddings. My favourite parts was when the Barbie and Ken would marry. Barbie's father would walk down the aisle, after that the groom and bride would stand before a priest. They would say their vows and live happily life.

I had imagined something similar for my future. My parents and my pack being there for me, but unfortunately, it wasn't in my destiny. Happiness came rarely in my life.

Now standing in front of the mirror wearing a white dress, I think of Daniel. He had always been the best thing that happened to me and I feared that something would take him away from me.

Fate already took my parents and pack; would it take Daniel too? It scared me to even think about it.

I didn't have time to drown in my thoughts as the door knocked.

Breaking my trance, I said, "Enter."

A middle-aged woman with blonde hair entered the room.

She said, "You look amazing, Evangeline, like an angel from the Heavens. Truly a star to bless this pack."

I forced a smile as I looked at former Luna of McCain Pack. Daniel's mother was the sweetness mother and she had helped me when my parents were taken away from me.

I uttered, "Thank you, Ella."

She giggled a little and continued, "Oh, no. Now, that you are marrying my son, you have to call me mum."

I found myself smiling sadly and nodding. Ella instantly hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

With her brown eyes, she uttered, "Welcome to the family, my dear."

I smiled once again.

Ella continued after few heartbeats, "Now, come on, dear. It is time."

Time was so precious and so consuming.

I started making my way to the hall with Ella as she told me of her wedding day. She explained that nerves were natural to have, but I didn't have to worry because Daniel would never leave me.

I believed her.

I believed in Daniel and his promises.

Finally, we reached the closed doors. The brown doors were separating from my future.

When Ella put the veil over my head, she told me, "I am so happy for you, my dear."

She turned to the doors and opened. On the other side, everyone from Daniel's pack stood up and stared at me. Their faces countered with happiness and joy. My eyes turned to the man on the end of the aisle.

A smile crept on my face as I saw his shock.

Ella gave me the bouquet of mother's favourite flowers. I briefly glanced at her with teary eyes as she smiled at me.

Ella waved away and hushed me to start walking, while she went around to her seat.

I began making my way to the aisle. Small whispers of encouragement and best wishes were thrown my way.

I felt so accepted.

Maybe this was my second chance of pure happiness.

My revolve started to tame and I found myself coming back to normal. As I stole a glance at Daniel, I realised that he was my antidote – my will to live. He was always there for me. I could not ask for a better husband-to-be.