Chapter 5

My steps increased as I stepped forward. I am not sure how much I walked or where I was. So I looked at the sky. 

Moon bright shined in the sky as I sat next to a tree trunk.

Little tears had slipped as I resumed my miserable life. It was comical that even as an Alpha, I was helpless.

An Alpha with no pack is... Lost. 

A nobody. 

I was a nobody.

The sounds of crickets rang in my ears as my thoughts littered with bad memories. As I closed my eyes, the only thing I could see was when I saw my pack last. The blood, their eyes, forever embedded within me.

Pain and rejection were a vile and excruciating foe.

Helplessness was another.

But I kept going because I was Kendrick Hellfire's daughter. I was taught to be strong and unbeatable, even if I was far from it. I was Hellfire and I was prompt to be what they wanted.

I embraced and believed, but I fell and getting up just keeps getting harder.

I felt alone and lost. Hope just wasn't enough.

But I needed to keep going.

Tomorrow was another day, another opportunity. I did not wish for happiness anymore as I believed no more. It was clear that it wasn't made for me.

Having a mate somewhere out there did not make me hopeful. I was utterly sure that he would never want a woman like me. An Alpha that could not lead was Helpless, pitiful and powerless. For that reason, I do not wish to search for him.

I would end up destroying him.

I do not know when my eyes opened again, but I saw the rays of the sun shining upon my face.

It was morning, a new day.

With a heavy heart, I stood up and walked to a direction with no end.

Days in and out, I walked through the vast trees surrounding myself by engulfing me.

As my legs carried on, I tried to talk with my wolf, however, she just ignored. The last time I interacted with her was when she saw my dead pack. After that, she disappeared and hid in a place where I could not find her.

Her absence left me defenceless as I could not change into a wolf or use my strength. Without my wolf, I was a human.

I knew her pain because it was mine. As my wolf hid, a veil of ignorance surrounded and kept me going. I was aware...

I just did not want to acknowledge because once I did, everything inside me would erupt.

That was something, I did not wish to do.

A dirty brown wolf appeared in front of me exposing his teethes. The arm was caught between his sharp teethes as the wolf's blue eyes shined bright.

Taking a step back, defenceless, the wolf took a step ahead. I jumped when the barking of the wolf sounded loud in my ears.

My tracks began backwards, however, it stopped when I hit a tree behind me.

A man appeared out of nowhere and stood next to the wolf. His wicked smile clearly demonstrated with pure arrogance.

Combat was something my father tried to teach me when I was younger, but his presence was absent.

After his death, I created a vision of peace and harmony. My pack reflected my views and embraced open-hearted. For that, I never learnt to fight because I never needed, until now.

The man with the moustache said, "Why do you cross our land, Rogue?"

Rogues have always been misunderstood werewolves, or dishonest. 

My pack, however, accepted every werewolf, ever part of the Moon Goddess, even rogues. Few had crossed my land and had stayed for days, months, but few stayed. They accepted the rules and they changed their ways.

I did not take as an offence but as a shock. I guess and Alpha without a pack is a Rogue. A mystical being that is alone in the world and has fend for himself.

Thinking about it now, I think I always was one...

However, my train of thoughts broke when I heard the irritated barking sound of the wolf.

The moustache man repeated, "Did you hear me, Rogue? Are you deaf?"

Taking a shaky breath, I answered him, "I am sorry. I did not mean to cross your land. I do not wish to fight."

For a few seconds, he just stared at me with wonder.

I tried to coach him, "I will go now."

He started to laugh and I stopped in my tracks, confused. 

However, I reacted late when I saw the wolf midway running towards me. The next feeling was from my arm as the wolf had bitten off.

I fell into the ground and took my arm away from him, while the wolf just stared at me with fury. Taking my eyes away from him and into my arm, I saw blood running rapidly from my arm.

Suddenly, black dots appeared through my vision and I began dropping to the side.

In my blurry vision, I could see brown boots coming towards me, however, my strength fully had evaporated, and darkness had taken place.

*****

Read, vote and comment!